Larkwell Valley (2023)

@The Moonshiner , I'll bring the conversation here so it isn't clogging your thread.

This is the girl in question.
20240216_183822.jpg

This is her mama (half gold duckwing eith recessive white phoenix and half white laced buff sebright)
20240216_183912.jpg

Are you saying if she had one dominant white gene that she would look like her sister?
20240216_183859.jpg

If she had dominate white and a duckwing pattern underneath yes she would look like her sister.
To be dominate white and pure white the underneath pattern can't have gold, red etc.
Most with one copy of dominate white show the specks of black like paints but not all do.
You have a mystery to solve...
Blog+5.gif

If she had dominate white and a duckwing pattern underneath yes she would look like her sister.
To be dominate white and pure white the underneath pattern can't have gold, red etc.
Most with one copy of dominate white show the specks of black like paints but not all do.
You have a mystery to solve...
View attachment 3749941
She looks a lot like my three recessives, apart from not having the leakage they should have for that gene. I think I'll probably use the normal silver duckwing then, he's definitely the nicer looking of the two stature and feather quality right now. Though the blue might be better since he'd be closer in size to her.

These might be Estrellas last few days. She was sleeping outside tonight alone on the ground and when I picked her up, she felt pretty thin. She's so old though too, it might just be getting to her now. I gave her some mash and put her in the coop, if she's still up tomorrow, I'll move her to my mini barn with the other weaker birds right now (weirdo, one leg and my super old EE) so she has less food competition and a bit warmer nights

Estrella passed last night. Her sister was keeping her company though when I checked last night. Honestly I expected her sister to pass long before her. Even with her countless egg issues (too brittle/nonexistent shells and too large at times), she never slowed down until the last couple days. Her sister however has had a few times when she's slowed down and I had to seperate her before she could go back to the flock.

Back
Top Bottom