LAYING OUTSIDE THE COOP/SOFT EGGS

plund

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 26, 2012
One of my buff orpington pullets has been laying for about 2 to 3 weeks but is laying inconsistently & is producing soft shell eggs & laying outside the nest. But what really concerns me is that although she use to be the leader of my little flock of 4 & always in the middle of anything that went on she is now spending lots of time alone, just sort of kicking around by herself. My other 3 just run around together & she just joins them occasionally. I don't care if she ever lays another egg but I want her to be happy again. And I don't want her to be unwell. She seems healthy, she's eating well & pooping. Is there something I should be doing besides being patient.

I have noticed one time one of my Buff Orpingtons laying a soft shell egg outside too! But don't worry about the chicken being by herself sometimes. A few of my chickens prefer to be alone sometimes, not sure why they do that though
idunno.gif

I have noticed one time one of my Buff Orpingtons laying a soft shell egg outside too! But don't worry about the chicken being by herself sometimes. A few of my chickens prefer to be alone sometimes, not sure why they do that though
idunno.gif
thank you. I just want her to be happy. She does still come running for treats.

Back
Top Bottom