Leg injury

Thanks for the update. I sure hope this Baytril takes care of it. Did he say about keeping her from using the leg much until it's doing much better?

Thanks for the update. I sure hope this Baytril takes care of it. Did he say about keeping her from using the leg much until it's doing much better?
He said I don't have to keep her contained and that it's fine if she swims and it's good to have her moving it. I will keep her contained however only because we've got 44 acres and if she goes in the actual natural pond she won't come in when it's time 🙄 and being she's slow due to the infection she won't be able to escape any night time predators. Also I have short legs and it would take me forever to look for her😂 Our run is 20'x20' and she has a kiddie pool. If I have free time I can bring her to the rock garden pond.

I think that is wise you def don't want her to be picked off. My main concern was keeping the joint irritated if walking a lot of running to keep up with the rest of the ducks.

I think that is wise you def don't want her to be picked off. My main concern was keeping the joint irritated if walking a lot of running to keep up with the rest of the ducks.
Exactly. I did ask him specifically if it was ok. He said since there's no injury it's ok for her to walk and swim

Of course I am a worrier. :oops:
Good Morning! I thought I'd update on Peaches. She got her first round of meds on Wed when we got home from her appt. There was no change really Wed ( which I didn't expect there to be) nor Thursday or Friday. She hung around her food and water and went as far as her turtle kiddy pool then stayed in her duck hut. I went out today with her meds on her little piece of bread and she was already ready to bust out of that coop! I gave her her meds which she took with no issue ( she really is the best girl 🥰) and I let her go down to the big kid duck pond with the others. I dont think the swelling has gone down any and she did still limp although not as bad, she was a bit faster and she didn't use her wings for support! Hopefully she continues to improve from here. (and that she follows the other ducks out of the pond and back into the coop otherwise I'm gonna have to get the waders out! Lol)

Hopefully, you won't have to get out the waders. Sounds like she is making progress. Just watch that all the walking or running doesn't make it worse.
Thanks so much for the update.

Back
Top Bottom