Legacy foam incubator digital upgrade

WalnutHill

Crowing
5 Years
Mar 16, 2014
SE Michigan
This is a mod I did to my Little Giant 9200 and 10200 last year. While the foam incubator remains exactly as built, a modern and inexpensive digital controller makes the incubator much more stable and much less sensitive to room conditions.

Print up your wiring diagram for the STC1000, like this one: https://mostlyharmlessales.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/temp-controller-wiring-diagram.jpg

1. Buy an STC1000 digital controller if you are a DIYer, and rustle up an old two wire extension cord. If you're not comfortable with electrical work, go to your local pet superstore and purchase a reptile thermostat and skip to step 4.
2. Cut the extension cord in two pieces. Leave a food on the receptacle end, the rest goes to the plug end.
3. Wire up the STC1000. You'll need a jumper wire to tie together the hots from the plug cord to both the heater terminal and the power terminal.
4. Plug the incubator power cord into the switched plug and turn up the knob on the LG all the way.
5. Run the STC1000 temp sensor into the cord slot on the back of the incubator.

I had some spare junk laying around so I used a double gang ABS box to contain the controller and a receptacle. This design makes it self contained.

Calibrate and enjoy your new digital incubator!

Is this correct wiring for the TC 1000?

Back
Top Bottom