The member List for the Cream Legbar Club is HERE. The is a map so you can see who in Arizona is closest to you.

@GaryDean26 Is this a list of breeders selling legbars? Or just people who have them?

I want to make sure not to disturb anyone unless they have them for sale.

I see that you a new here. :welcome
Try posting your request on the Arizona Thread. :thumbsup
Peep near you may give you more info.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/arizona-chickens.31227/page-6916

:thumbsup

Anybody selling or know where to get a legbar chicks/chickens in Arizona, USA?

Last edited:
It is NOT a breeders list nor is it a list of people that have Cream Legbars. It is the list of full dues paying members of the Cream Legbar Club.

There are a few club members that do not own Legbars or Breed them. Some of them may have in the past but due to health problems or other life circumstances no longer have them. One full member is a freelance writer for the Poultry Press, APA, and other publications. She joined the club because the Legbar is one of the up-an-coming breeds in the APA and she wanted to be fulling involved in all that was going on with the breed. The Cream Legbar Club is however a breeders association and barring a few exception the full members ARE cream legbar breeders. The club member work together to share breed knowledge, improve breeding stock, and educate the public about the breed. The Club membership is the best reference you will find for locating people that are knowledgeable about the breed and who breed the Cream Legbars. I personal worked with two breeders of the Cream Legbar in Arizona between about 2012-2015. I don't think that either of them are still breeding the Cream Legbar though.

You can just email or call the club members listed in Arizona and tell them that you got their contact information from the Cream Legbar Club members list and ask if they or anyone they know has day-old chicks available or a wait list that you could get on. They will likely have a wait list and will likely be able to tell you who else in the state that they work with who would also have chicks or a wait list.

When you contact club members it helps if you tell them what your goals are for the breed (and ask what their goals are). If you want them to exhibit for 4H or APA let them know. If you want them to sell table eggs at your local farmer's market let them know. If you want for a family flock etc. let them know. Different club members have different focuses and reputations as a breeder. Some are breeding for high production and aren't too particular about the size of the eggs all being uniform or all the same shape or shade of blue-green. Others show their eggs at egg shows and breed for large eggs that are well shaped and all the same color. Stock from those two breeders would be polar opposites. Also some breeders breed for exhibition and could care less about rate of lay, egg color, egg shape egg size. Stock from their line would also be very different from the other examples of breeders. You are most likely to be happy with a breed if you get it from a breeder that is working of the same goals for the breed as you have for your flock. The longer they have been working with their flock the better. I would advise to try to find someone that has been breeding Legbars for a least three years.

Regards,

GaryDean26

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom