Leghorns!!!

SpottedCrow

Flock Goddess
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Weymouth, Massachusetts
My Leghorn hen Obelisk started out picking her buddy Penny's feathers...she's done it since we brought Penny home.
Yesterday we went out for about an hour and I went to put them out and Penny's back was bloodied...Obelisk had taken all the feathers and was going for the meat! I washed Penny off and sprayed her with WoundKote. I put her in the cat carrier overnight...

Moral of the story is: Leghorns DO NOT tolerate confinement...
Obelisk has been a house chicken for the almost 5 years that I have had her and only the last couple of years has she been such a jerk about pecking...
I love them both dearly, but Obelisk is ssooooo on my $4hitlist right now it's not funny.
She's not eating the feathers either. Just yanking.

bring her to my house I will give her plenty of room to run and give you a NEW chickie to take her place.
No confinement here, but wont be in the house either.

Oh No!!! Good Goddess no!!
I'm not getting rid of the wench...this is her forever home! Oh jeeze, maybe I shoulda added, VENT!! LOL

When the days start getting longer she gets antsy to be out...soo she gets herself in trouble.
She's got a stretchy lizard to bash around and millet sprays but it's not as much fun as having your mom run out and yell at you.
Thanks so much for the both of you for offering to take her in...that's what I like about chicken people. You're always willing to help.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom