Lemon cream color?

E flowers

Chirping
Sep 4, 2023
How would I go about getting a lemon cream bird? I was messing around with the chicken breed calculator and with the settings made a black pattern yellow/ lemon/ cream (incomplete) laced rooster and hen. What breeds even have the lemon/cream gene?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_153031_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_153031_Chrome.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 13
How would I go about getting a lemon cream bird? I was messing around with the chicken breed calculator and with the settings made a black pattern yellow/ lemon/ cream (incomplete) laced rooster and hen. What breeds even have the lemon/cream gene?
You can get that effect with Di/Di
or with ig/ig, or with Cb/Cb

It looks like Di and Cb are dominant, with ig being recessive.

Crested Cream Legbars should have one of those dilution genes (Di or ig or Cb), although I don't know which one. Several hatcheries sell them.

Cream Brabanters would have one of those dilution genes (I see them listed on Ideal Poultry's website, although they are currently sold out.)

I have read that many Silver chickens have one or more genes that dilute gold, because that helps them have a cleaner-looking white. So you could try any breed in Silver Laced or Silver Spangled or Silver Pencilled or Silver Columbian (sometimes just called Columbian).

Back
Top Bottom