Leonbergers anyone?

ozark hen

Living My Dream
15 Years
Apr 4, 2007
Mansfield, MO
My dh bought me my dream dog...a Leonberger. Holly is now 9 months old and weighed in at 91# a month ago. She is a blonde sable. She is amazing. I never dreamed I would ever have one
big_smile.png
Does anyone else own one?
she was my Christmas gift and he got her for me on November 28 from Joplin kennel.

Last edited:
They are such beautiful dogs!
A friends negihbor has one so I have only seen one from 300 feet away. lol
Good luck with your new BFF!

Well I have to say Holly is settled in very nicely now. She loves to take our shoes out the doggy door and chew them up
ep.gif
We have to try to remember to hide our shoes if they are off our feet. She loves the doggy door(it is large enough for her or a human to come through) We never had to housebreak her as it came naturally to her!! Amazing us but I am very grateful. lol She learned to sit immediately but we can't seem to get her to lead on a leash?? Any suggestions? Treats don't work as she is very careful when taking a treat...she mouths it after smelling it and usually spits it out and looks at it again before eating it. She is quite entertaining. She absolutely loves chasing the cats but won't hurt them though they have sliced her nose many a time. She charges the chicken run as she loves to see the birds freak out. She is quite a handful I must say but love her to death. I have now learned what the term, "blowing out" means......whew never saw so much hair.
big_smile.png

390F79A7-6B1D-434D-9A1A-C114F3219DC1-1248-0000017EF167890E_zps920fe7a1.jpg

I don't know which is our little girl yet, they are only a few days old. I'm so excited!

They're all born dark but mum is yellow and dad is reddish yellow so hopefully we'll have a nice pale yellow girl.

Back
Top Bottom