Lesson learned in brooding ducklings vs chicks

GerobakAyam

Chirping
Apr 6, 2020
This is the first time I am trying to brood ducklings after successfully brooding chicks three times. It's much more difficult, expensive, and requires more maintenance for ducklings. No matter what variations of anti-mess waterers I use, they still require more maintenance and cleaning than chicks.

Not only are they messy, but they also grow rapidly. I had to make custom holes in the sterile boxes, and almost every 2 days, I need to adjust the situation due to their rapid growth.

I think the fact that they don't roost like chickens makes it even more important to keep the brooder clean.
However, their personalities that are more expressive than chickens make it worth it to me, plus I cannot wait for their eggs which is much tastier than chicken's

Sorry for the double post video.

This is the first time I am trying to brood ducklings after successfully brooding chicks three times. It's much more difficult, expensive, and requires more maintenance for ducklings. No matter what variations of anti-mess waterers I use, they still require more maintenance and cleaning than chicks.

Not only are they messy, but they also grow rapidly. I had to make custom holes in the sterile boxes, and almost every 2 days, I need to adjust the situation due to their rapid growth.

I think the fact that they don't roost like chickens makes it even more important to keep the brooder clean.
However, their personalities that are more expressive than chickens make it worth it to me, plus I cannot wait for their eggs which is much tastier than chicken's

Sorry for the double post video.
They are definitely more demanding. But how can you deny those sweet little faces? I feel once the brooding is over they are easier to deal with than chickens. Atleast that has been my experience. Although the mess they make with water can be overwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom