Lets see your self serve egg stands!?

Just put this egg stand out a few weeks ago-selling out daily (3 days per week), on a busy road. We have 19 layers currently. I label cartons with handling instructions, date fresh picked, name & address sticker inside carton. In the egg stand I have lockbox for cash, working on adding a Venmo QR code. On the back of the hanging sign that says Fresh Eggs Available I can flip it over to say Sold Out. I put up a framed welcome to our egg stand and info about our mixed color eggs and hens, also an Employee of the week frame I change out weekly. A tray from Dollar Tree for returned egg cartons, a reused styrofoam cooler with a 6x8 board in the bottom and screws through to anchor the cooler in place. I leave a note pad and pen for questions/comments, and a few plastic bags if anyone buys 2 doz and wants a bag. I tried flowers yesterday, none sold, I'll try again next week. Might add a lower shelf to include extra summer veg. I put signs by the road for advertisement. I am enjoying havig the egg stand so far:)
egghamdling1.JPG
eggstand2.JPG

MIchickenlady, that is really cute! I think the pennants might blend with the lawn, might want to consider neon pink, neon yellow, etc.

I also think you don't need "available". It sounds like you are hiding the fresh eggs in the back.

Back
Top Bottom