LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I’m thinking of starting so super small and like adding a plant or two a year so you’re only adding something once you get a handle on everything else.
My plans for next year are:
Tomatoes - 2 types, Roma and a cherry, never grew Roma before
Peppers - 2 types, Hot and Bell.
Leaf Lettuce - grown indoor before, first time outdoor
Beets - never grown, looking for leaves more than actual beets
Carrots - grew a few this year, only had a few come up, learned from mistake and going to try to do better next year
Popcorn - Grew this year with mixed results, think they may have been too close for the ones in the middle to get pollinated
Beans - Rattlesnake green beans, never tried before
Sunflowers - Never tried before
Summer Squash and Zucchini - never tried either before.

But, this will be in an 8x4 SFG bed, a 16 foot cattle panel, and 2 modified 3 sisters gardens that are about 3 foot across. So, not too much work once it's prepped and planted.

My plans for next year are:
Tomatoes - 2 types, Roma and a cherry, never grew Roma before
Peppers - 2 types, Hot and Bell.
Leaf Lettuce - grown indoor before, first time outdoor
Beets - never grown, looking for leaves more than actual beets
Carrots - grew a few this year, only had a few come up, learned from mistake and going to try to do better next year
Popcorn - Grew this year with mixed results, think they may have been too close for the ones in the middle to get pollinated
Beans - Rattlesnake green beans, never tried before
Sunflowers - Never tried before
Summer Squash and Zucchini - never tried either before.

But, this will be in an 8x4 SFG bed, a 16 foot cattle panel, and 2 modified 3 sisters gardens that are about 3 foot across. So, not too much work once it's prepped and planted.
I had no luck with beets until I started them indoors and used row covers, using Charles Dowding's advice:

I didn't realize the birds were eating the beet starts until his video alerted me and I saw it for myself.

I am starting peas, beets, turnips and spinach for fall. I also have started some Queen Anne lace from (weed) seed, since my bunnies like it so much when it's young.

Celadon quail...can be any feather color.
The blue eggs are not as blue as a lot of people pretend they are. :old

You can tag me anytime...sometime my tag alerts get buried. Sorry.

I really really like my rabbit cages for my quail. I pretty much cover my floor with dirt boxes. Every where but where the waterer sits.

Nabiki hatches my eggs and has great hatch rates. I only buy from Myshire.

119486912_374434930624525_8512331379648822200_o.jpg

Hey all. I haven't posted in a while. I had a quick question. I am up to 4 eggs right now out of 8 birds who should be laying as they are all older than 24 weeks. Does anyone know why my other 4 are not laying? None of them appear to be egg bound so I am just wondering if there is anything else that could cause it. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom