LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

As always, I am optimistic that this will improve with time. There are these interesting comments that have gone unnoticed by the majority of people as being unacceptable. Like talking about the bodies of thin people. Or making hearing/deaf jokes. Or being critical of age gap relationships.

These things are all sensitive to me. I hope I don't accidentally hurt people by not thinking about how my words might affect them regarding something I haven't thought about.

I am with you all, body shaming is absolutely unexpectable. (As is shaming of any kind.)
I too am on the thinner side, and itā€™s really frustrating when the girls in my gym tell me Iā€™m the ā€œperfect weight.ā€ They are not body shaming, but everyone is a good 45 pounds heavier than me, and I feel so small all the time because Iā€™m also shorter than everyone else. When I wrestle with them, I literally get flung across the room, and once my coach even picked me up by my foot on accident because I weigh so little. I feel like I need to gain weight, but I donā€™t want to because I know that my size and weight comes directly from my momā€™s genetics, so I doubt gaining will do me any good... it can be difficult, and I am so sorry to anyone who has been called ā€œskinnyā€ or ā€œa stick.ā€ People used to tell me I looked like a bean pole when I was younger, and that definitely contributed to me wearing hoodies 24/7 to cover up my body shape.

Last edited:
I also constantly get told by (literally everyone) that I fight, that they have a weight advantage on me. That I would be able to beat them, if I weighed more. That I would be able to take someone down, if I just weighed as much as they do. It can be frustrating, even if I know that fighting with bigger people makes me stronger. I just wish that I had more meat on my bones, or that i could fight someone my own size. If that makes any sense šŸ˜…

Even at the doctor's office. I feel really irritated hearing, "you are just a tiny little thing!" After they weigh me. Stop commenting about my body people!
I completely agree ~ I just recently went to get a checkup, and the doctor called me skinny. I just looked at her like ā€œ do you really think I want to be skinny ladyā€ šŸ™„

I also constantly get told by (literally everyone) that I fight, that they have a weight advantage on me. That I would be able to beat them, if I weighed more. That I would be able to take someone down, if I just weighed as much as they do. It can be frustrating, even if I know that fighting with bigger people makes me stronger. I just wish that I had more meat on my bones, or that i could fight someone my own size. If that makes any sense šŸ˜…
I completely understand and have been in your position. I used to fight in kyokushin karate. My fighting division was very small because there wasn't enough women in my weight class for me to fight against. In one tournament there was only 3, so no matter how I performed I would have placed 3rd and received a trophy. Lame.

I am with you all, body shaming is absolutely unexpectable. (As is shaming of any kind.)
I too am on the thinner side, and itā€™s really frustrating when the girls in my gym tell me Iā€™m the ā€œperfect weight.ā€ They are not body shaming, but everyone is a good 45 pounds heavier than me, and I feel so small all the time because Iā€™m also shorter than everyone else. When I wrestle with them, I literally get flung across the room, and once my coach even picked me up by my foot on accident because I weigh so little. I feel like I need to gain weight, but I donā€™t want to because I know that my size and weight comes directly from my momā€™s genetics, so I doubt gaining will do me any good... it can be difficult, and I am so sorry to anyone who has been called ā€œskinnyā€ or ā€œa stick.ā€ People used to tell me I looked like a bean pole when I was younger, and that definitely contributed to me wearing hoodies 24/7 to cover up my body shape.
I think you are wonderful and perfect just the way you are.

i can relate with the underweight commenting. i have always been told i should eat more, stop working out for a bit, and even quit my job (sadly, it does have a bad rep for being harsh on body standards). obviously i wouldnā€™t quit my
job but i feel as tho anywhere i go iā€™m not the ā€œperfect typeā€ (which i now realize
doesnā€™t matter). i also donā€™t like when people say ā€œi wish i had the problem of being ā€˜too skinnyā€™. it beats being fat!ā€ which i donā€™t agree with.

Keep fighting. I'm guessing you're talking about martial arts of some kind...? Those skills are very valuable.

Here's why I say this. Some day, outside of the dojo, someone will size you up as a mugging or rape victim and think you'll be a piece of cake to take down. You will have the skills to use their weight to your advantage, and they will never see it coming until they're on the ground.

I'm not a martial artist, but I have taken some self defense classes. In the unarmed class, the instructor said every technique he taught had to pass the "Bambi vs. Godzilla" test. He taught his two daughters from about age 7 or 8 how to take down a full grown man (himself) should they ever need to.

Back
Top Bottom