LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Ok so yesterday was sad for all of us bc we brought Pearl to the vet to put her to sleep, but at night my dad told me he loved me and that I was the most important thing in the world to him. not sure what outcome I was expecting but definitely not as good as that. Because he won't remember to refer to me as Bala at school (he has a terrible memory) he can just call me my birth name and she/her
I'm so sorry to hear about Pearl.

It sounds like your dad is doing really well with things. I hope with some practice he can start using your name and pronouns, too. Unless it really doesn't bother you.

@Silviaschicks---glad it went well! It's a process, but sounds like you have supportive parents.
I remember when I was young, interracial couples were an oddity. A friend of my dad's said this about his daughter getting serious with a black man:: he's a nice guy, but I'm sad and worried for the rough time they have ahead of them. All parents want smooth sailing for their kids. Gender/sexual issues are still relatively new publically.

I remember when I was young, interracial couples were an oddity. A friend of my dad's said this about his daughter getting serious with a black man:: he's a nice guy, but I'm sad and worried for the rough time they have ahead of them. All parents want smooth sailing for their kids. Gender/sexual issues are still relatively new publically.
I told a young man I worked with that I was sorry my generation was leaving him such a crappy world, but that one thing was MUCH better than when I was his age: interracial relationships. A bi-racial relationship/marriage even when I was in my twenties was a What? You're kidding! Really? type of thing.

Urban legend has it that a DJ was beat up for playing Janis Ian's song "Society's Child" on the radio.

Things still aren't right, but we are much farther along than when I was a kid.

@Silviaschicks, I am so glad your dad is accepting of your choice. I've been thinking about you -- and him -- a lot the last couple days. :hugs

Ok so yesterday was sad for all of us bc we brought Pearl to the vet to put her to sleep, but at night my dad told me he loved me and that I was the most important thing in the world to him. not sure what outcome I was expecting but definitely not as good as that. Because he won't remember to refer to me as Bala at school (he has a terrible memory) he can just call me my birth name and she/her
So sorry about Pearl. I'm so glad it went well with your Dad. :hugs :hugs

My Safeway is doing some sort of sale on my favorite brand of ice cream

20210812_103751_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom