LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

wow! You drew it?
Yep
E52AEAEF-12EC-4594-A9AF-9E1A713D937D.jpeg

Hi!

I've been busy at work </3. School is starting soon, so I'll be even more busy. I got a raise at work though! Coming up on two months working there, so getting a raise in that short of time isn't too shabby, is it? Uhh other than that I have no updates, just busy working

the date fell through and I stopped talking with that girl. It wasn't going to work out haha. I'm not upset though, I have other things to do.

I am reading a great book on pronouns! I'll share some thoughts from it as I read more.

So far...

English needs a word for singular, non-specific gender. (The first chapter is "The missing word.") It looks like they/their/them is the frontrunner, though; some of the others I had never heard or seen before. Ip, Ze, Hir, Thon, and a few more. Anyone seen or heard those?

Does anyone use Mx. (pronounced "mix") for a personal title? I'd never heard or seen that before either.

"He" meaning either he or she ran into a lot of pushback over 100 years ago, I found out. When reading laws, "he" meant both, otherwise women would escape punishment for crimes. BUT, when it came to voting or holding office! Aha! Nope, it only meant men! Well, you can't have it both ways now, can you?

I am reading a great book on pronouns! I'll share some thoughts from it as I read more.

So far...

English needs a word for singular, non-specific gender. (The first chapter is "The missing word.") It looks like they/their/them is the frontrunner, though; some of the others I had never heard or seen before. Ip, Ze, Hir, Thon, and a few more. Anyone seen or heard those?

Does anyone use Mx. (pronounced "mix") for a personal title? I'd never heard or seen that before either.

"He" meaning either he or she ran into a lot of pushback over 100 years ago, I found out. When reading laws, "he" meant both, otherwise women would escape punishment for crimes. BUT, when it came to voting or holding office! Aha! Nope, it only meant men! Well, you can't have it both ways now, can you?
I really like "ze," and was hoping it would catch on more. I don't have difficulties using "they" but sometimes if I'm telling a story involving both a gender neutral person and a group of people it can get confusing. Still, I strongly feel that gender neutral people get to decide and everyone else gets to deal with it. All the gender neutral people I know like, "they.". Of course, gender neutral people I don't know are absolutely welcomed to like other pronouns! 🥰

I'm not cis, but I'm perfectly comfortable with she. Interestingly, I strongly dislike being called Mrs, Miss, or Ms. Hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom