LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Most likely they wanted to know how long you worked at that particular job.

When you're young and just starting your working career, employers know that you won't have been at any particular job very long. As you get older, it helps if you have more time put in at any particular job.

Think of it from their point of view: If an applicant has changed jobs every year or less, they probably won't stick around very long, and you'll be trying to hire and train a new person again in the near future. (Obviously, this doesn't pertain to seasonal or temp jobs.)

When I was a senior in high school, this point was really driven home to me. We had a mock interview with the Principal for an assistant position. One question was something about how long the interviewee planned to stay in the area. One girl said that she and her "husband" (the role was for a young newly married woman to apply for the job) would like to stay in the area for a couple years, "but then they'd most likely be moving on."

The Principal looked at her and said, "So in two years, I'll have to go through the hassle of trying to find another assistant?"

@KikiDeAnime, I don't mean to make it sound like your work future is doomed if you have a lot of jobs at this stage in your life. :) My advice is to do the best you can to be a good employee, wherever you work.

A lot of employers have an "exit interview" nowadays. One of the questions they often ask themselves is, "Would I hire this person again?" Be the kind of employee that gets that box marked with a resounding, "YES!"

If a previous employer says that about you, it says a LOT of good things about you as an employee, and a person.

@KikiDeAnime, I don't mean to make it sound like your work future is doomed if you have a lot of jobs at this stage in your life. :) My advice is to do the best you can to be a good employee, wherever you work.

A lot of employers have an "exit interview" nowadays. One of the questions they often ask themselves is, "Would I hire this person again?" Be the kind of employee that gets that box marked with a resounding, "YES!"

If a previous employer says that about you, it says a LOT of good things about you as an employee, and a person.
I always do my best.
I would have been working at both Dollar Tree and Wilco at the same time by now if I hadn't been fired at DT.
I plan on staying with Wilco for a few more years.
Besides, working at the Fair is just a Summer thing anyway.

2AD579FE-B646-4F88-B7F1-794D5D11F0DC.jpeg

I made a rainbow bracelet today.

Back
Top Bottom