LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

What if my hens, don't want to be hens

Have you seen that trend where people would let their pets pick out one paper sheet from a bowl, which had multiple sexualities or gender identities in them and the ones they picked, they're assigned??
( That's a shitty explanation, i tried my best!)

I gotta do that for my chickens
I mean, they can't read that though, or understand the concept infront of them, so it seems silly to me...
Though it reminds me of my aunt who got so very angry at a male dog who was given a pink collar 😂

On a more serious note...
There are animals who are both sexes, that happens sometimes. And I do believe that animals can be gay and show preference for the same sex--like, thats been witnessed a bunch (I witness it every morning when I let my ducks out..... jk I don't think that counts since they have only ever known eachother, but who knows?).
But I'm not sure animals will ever be able to have a gender prefference like a person can--

I don't want to change the topic of the thread, but what are all your views on it? Do you think animals can be gay the same as people are?

And I do believe that animals can be gay and show preference for the same sex--like, thats been witnessed a bunch (I witness it every morning when I let my ducks out..... jk I don't think that counts since they have only ever known eachother, but who knows?).
But I'm not sure animals will ever be able to have a gender prefference like a person can--
Supposedly giraffe males really seem to go after other males when it comes to breeding

I mean, they can't read that though, or understand the concept infront of them, so it seems silly to me...
Though it reminds me of my aunt who got so very angry at a male dog who was given a pink collar 😂

On a more serious note...
There are animals who are both sexes, that happens sometimes. And I do believe that animals can be gay and show preference for the same sex--like, thats been witnessed a bunch (I witness it every morning when I let my ducks out..... jk I don't think that counts since they have only ever known eachother, but who knows?).

I don't want to change the topic of the thread, but what are all your views on it? Do you think animals can be gay the same as people are?
Oh the paper shit's just for shits and giggles!

I stopped getting notifications for this thread D:

Reading through this is so great, just knowing that I'm not the only one having a constant crisis XD
I was in so much denial for so long about my bisexuality, because I didn't want to be labeled as an attention seeker, or I thought I was just trying to make myself feel special. Even now I'm always going "You're actually just straight, you're just lying to yourself."
On a different note, my mother is very religious and is against LGBTQ, and it hurts me when my family is bashing us and saying that we are all sinners and broken, not supposed to be here. As if who we love is something we can change. I tried for years to be "straight", but as it turns out you can't control it. I have an entire argument thought up, but I'm too scared to bring it up. Maybe one day. *sigh*

I stopped getting notifications for this thread D:

Reading through this is so great, just knowing that I'm not the only one having a constant crisis XD
I was in so much denial for so long about my bisexuality, because I didn't want to be labeled as an attention seeker, or I thought I was just trying to make myself feel special. Even now I'm always going "You're actually just straight, you're just lying to yourself."
On a different note, my mother is very religious and is against LGBTQ, and it hurts me when my family is bashing us and saying that we are all sinners and broken, not supposed to be here. As if who we love is something we can change. I tried for years to be "straight", but as it turns out you can't control it. I have an entire argument thought up, but I'm too scared to bring it up. Maybe one day. *sigh*
I know how that feels. :(
My family too. But theyre wrong.

I actually grew up repeating what I was taught, that it was sin. Honestly.
Now I support LGBT, obviously, and my folks sure do hate that.

I know how that feels. :(
My family too. But theyre wrong.

I actually grew up repeating what I was taught, that it was sin. Honestly.
Now I support LGBT, obviously, and my folks sure do hate that.
Yea... some part of me still tells me I'm wrong to be the way I am, even if I know its not true and it was just the way I was raised.

Back
Top Bottom