LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

120FFD7C-F212-441E-A61F-2F10CC1589CD.png

bought this for my gf’s birthday :3

This is going to sound so lame, but my ex hardly talks to me anymore and I feel so sick right now

I don't have a single friend, I don't have family support
I'm just alone
He was my best friend and it feels so cold now :(

It's not like I'm able to actually date women, it feels impossible so why did I even leave, right now it just feels like I lost a friend
I know that sounds dumb and unhealthy and I rant too much :(
HUGE HUGS TO YOU!

You aren't alone, but yeah, I know, online friends isn't the same as being able to actually hold someone. Wish I didn't have to swim an ocean to get to you.

Am I evil for this? I taught my niece (toddler) to say dude and now she walks in the room and goes "hey dude"
I wonder what her parents are thinking

Also she's duck obsessed. I'm so proud.
She won't go anywhere without two plush ducks. She gets distressed when the tv shows don't have ducks in. And she likes going to see them.
She's super gentle with my girls too, strokes them so gently, and laughs hysterically when Sprightly nibbles her hands. My girls are so gentle and patient with her, quite endearing

Awww, that's so cute! Noo, you're totally not evil, quite genius actually! I say, why stop there? You need to teach her slay right?!........kidding! :oops:

So I'm still on the fence on if I even need/qualify for a service dog so I need to look into that first, but I will definitely check the legal protections here where I'm at in the US. I've personally never heard anyone say anything about it being illegal but again, I can do some digging and check in on that.

Whiiiicchh as I was typing this I actually did some quick digging and apparently you are correct. While a service dog is totally fine to do the non-bite training parts of Schutzhund, the minute they are bite trained they're no longer classified as service dogs. So that answers that question, there was a whole discussion on it over on the SD subreddit which had sources so it makes sense now.

Right, so now that I've done a bit of research I now know I can't go down this route of cross training for both psychiatric service and schutzhund, unless I omit the bite work portion of schutzhund, which means said dog wouldn't be able to advance in that sport, but that's okay.

The good news is, that breeder I mentioned earlier has champion schutzhund lines as well as puppies that have gone on to be service dogs for veterans and others before. And they have an entire training facility and classes. So not going into anything blindly which is great. And even if I don't do a service dog, or I do a service dog that's not trained in schutzhund, the plan is to still get a GSD to do schutzhund with from this breeder.

The main reason I was wondering about all this was because the way things are going in the US right now with trans people, has my anxiety up so high it's not even funny. My hypervigilance is off the charts and I do not feel safe going most places by myself at all, hell even sometimes when I'm out with my mom at the grocery store I'm doing nothing but looking over my shoulder. Even though I pass very well these days thanks to surgery and hormones.

My state and some of the neighboring states are safe, but even still you never know when something's going to happen. I don't feel comfortable carrying a firearm, but I do feel comfortable with a dog by my side. Especially a very well trained one. Plus most a-holes will walk the other way or give you a wide berth if you have a big black dog on a leash.... I did hear something on the subreddit about "nonviolent protection" and that being okay, but I have no idea what that means so I guess I'd have to look into it.
I dog from a line of protection dogs still have a lot of instincted for protection work! When ever Fanta (my assistance dog) is worried about something she thinks might be dangerous she will put herself in front of me, plus she is very bitey* with a amazing jaw strength, she is only half giant schnauzer so I imagine purebred protection dog would be even better then she is

but that same instinct can be a issues for psychiatric assistance dogs because if you are very nervous and stressed about people the dog might decide the people must be dangerous. I also read on a forum of someone who had a GSD assistance dog when that dog retired got a Lab instead, they said they much preferred the lab because the lab was all ways calm and happy so it helped them calm down. On the other hand I have found for me having a dog I know can and will protect my makes me less stressed around people

another downside to a “scary“ breed of dog is access issues because people don’t trust your dog

I really like protection dogs as :love

* she has never properly bitten anyone, just exited bitting me and she went through a land shark puppy phase

Back
Top Bottom