LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

I had one die as well. It wasn't a lithops, but a close cousin. I find the biggest thing with them is to follow their cycles. Fall is when they bloom, so not too much water, winter no water at all, since it's shedding time and they've entered a sort of dormancy, after they've shed, in the spring, water again. Same with the summer. A lot of light is also really important. I'm a little worried this year, as I have not been too good with sheltering them from the rain, and they got rained on twice in the winter

I currently have 5 pots of lithops, they're my favourite succulent! Harder to care for than most, but worth it! Here's a photo of mine in bloomView attachment 3721539

I had one die as well. It wasn't a lithops, but a close cousin. I find the biggest thing with them is to follow their cycles. Fall is when they bloom, so not too much water, winter no water at all, since it's shedding time and they've entered a sort of dormancy, after they've shed, in the spring, water again. Same with the summer. A lot of light is also really important. I'm a little worried this year, as I have not been too good with sheltering them from the rain, and they got rained on twice in the winter
Beautiful flowers, I love those!! ❤ Thanks for all this excellent information, I want to try growing these interesting succulents, probably wait until spring, so your knowledge is greatly appreciated! 😊 Oh and I will be bugging you for help. ;)

This might seem completely random but does anyone have any recommendations for high fiber foods?
Apparently I haven't been adding enough into my diet recently 🙃
There are 2 types of fiber: soluble and insoluble.

Soluble fiber (nuts, seeds, beans, peas) helps to slow down digestion. Insoluble fiber (whole grains and veggies) helps food pass through more quickly.

In order for a food to be considered "high-fiber" (by the FDA) it needs to contain 5g+ of fiber.

Pinto beans, acorn squash, collard greens, strawberries, whole grain spelt, pomegranate arils, broccoli, carrots, quinoa, corn, oatmeal, beets, bananas, cauliflower, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, bran, almonds, split peas, prunes, brussels sprouts, flax seeds, popcorn, apples, sweet potatoes, peanuts, avocado, pears, chickpeas....

All of these are pretty high in fiber (some soluble and some insoluble).

Good luck! Most people don't get enough fiber in their diet.

Beautiful flowers, I love those!! ❤ Thanks for all this excellent information, I want to try growing these interesting succulents, probably wait until spring, so your knowledge is greatly appreciated! 😊 Oh and I will be bugging you for help. ;)

You're more than welcome to ask more questions! I do not mind being bugged for subjects I enjoy talking about

This might seem completely random but does anyone have any recommendations for high fiber foods?
Here is a general way to think about it.

Plants (fruit, vegetables, grains) have more fiber and other nutrients when they are as close to their original state as possible. An apple, skin and all, is much better for you than apple juice. Animal foods (meat, dairy, eggs) usually have little fiber in them, but they have other essential nutrients.

Look at the list @ChickyCh00k wrote. What do you like on that list? Add some of those to your usual stuff. Try a new one, once a week. Like it? Good! Don't like it... oh well, there are LOTS of other choices. You'll find a lot of items with a quick search.

Here's the thing: The US (or "western") diet is NOT a healthy diet. You need to take this on for yourself. The payoff? A healthy body is PRICELESS! Set youreself up with healthy choices in your youth, and you will reap benefits for the rest of your life.

Back
Top Bottom