LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

A lot of nonneurotypical people (at least in my area) aren't formally diagnosed. It's either self diagnosis or a diagnosis from a therapist (but not a doctor and a test). Some people don't think anything but a formal doctor's diagnosis is enough, some say self diagnosis is valid
I used to dislike self diagnosis but now I really get it. It's not always straight forward getting a diagnosed, it can take a level of privilege, a lot of the time.
I'm self diagnosed autistic, and I say that after so many signs throughout my life, that I've been told to ignore. After a professional told me casually that I could probably get a diagnosis, and after taking multiple tests online which my autistic partner made me take due to suspicions... (and scoring extremely high on them)
Diagnosis just isn't possible for me right now, seems like a lot of energy and time for them to misdiagnose me or tell me its just anxiety or something. Being a woman is fun :rolleyes:

I used to dislike self diagnosis but now I really get it. It's not always straight forward getting a diagnosed, it can take a level of privilege, a lot of the time.
I'm self diagnosed autistic, and I say that after so many signs throughout my life, that I've been told to ignore. After a professional told me casually that I could probably get a diagnosis, and after taking multiple tests online which my autistic partner made me take due to suspicions... (and scoring extremely high on them)
Diagnosis just isn't possible for me right now, seems like a lot of energy and time for them to misdiagnose me or tell me its just anxiety or something. Being a woman is fun :rolleyes:
My doctor said if I can force myself to make eye contact, there's no point in getting tested. I need a doctor to recommend testing to even have a hope for actually getting to be tested, despite my therapist as well as several neurodivergent friends and family also saying that I definitely am on the spectrum, if not that plus Adhd

Look at our little Lavender Orpington we named Luanne from King of the Hill 😅💖👨‍🌾

Hope y'all are having a a good week, much love from Tennessee!
1000001383.jpg

My doctor said if I can force myself to make eye contact, there's no point in getting tested. I need a doctor to recommend testing to even have a hope for actually getting to be tested, despite my therapist as well as several neurodivergent friends and family also saying that I definitely am on the spectrum, if not that plus Adhd
I'm about to try and go thru the process of being diagnosed for autism/ADHD etc etc. I'll let you know if I find some good resources, my partner just did it but she said it was not super thorough and it was not as easy as one would think to get diagnosed or find the right people who could do it. Apparently a lot of people don't know how to look for more than high needs level autism. It's exhausting how little mental health resources we have and it's 2024... 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

Best of luck and I hope you figure it out! 💖

I started realizing I wasn’t neurotypical several months ago. My brother is diagnosed with sensory processing disorder and my dad always said he probably had adhd and my mom has misophonia as well as other sensory issues. So basically my whole family is neurodivergent but I was always the perfect star student golden child who just happened to hyper fixate, have trouble focusing, and be fidgety etc. (oh its just some of my quirks!). Eventually I figured it out though
misdiagnose me or tell me its just anxiety or something
Exactly. This is what I’m scared of if I ask my parents to get diagnosed.

My doctor said if I can force myself to make eye contact, there's no point in getting tested
That's literally insane
:th
So many autistic/neurodivergent people can make eye contact, doesn't mean they don't still need support and deserve diagnosis
Jeez, some doctors really make me not trust the healthcare system at all

That's literally insane
:th
So many autistic/neurodivergent people can make eye contact, doesn't mean they don't still need support and deserve diagnosis
Jeez, some doctors really make me not trust the healthcare system at all
Omg yeah. Like that’s straight up just a stereotype at that point. Reminds me of the time NASA sent a woman up into space with 100 tampons for only like five days.

Back
Top Bottom