LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

The UK and America do not require any kind of certificate for an assistance dog

You can assume that but I am telling you that your wrong with assuming that. Fake spotting actually causes more issues then it fixes.Training an assistance dog is hard even for those who aren't disabled, its even harder when you add on the fact that those who owner train need the dog! As long as the dog isn't a huge nuisance there is no issue, if the dog is being a nuisance then its an issue whether its a fake or not. Fake spotting is only making it harder for those who need the dogs rather then helping them

The people who take their dogs illegaly into places won't care

Both my AD/ guide dog in training and my assistance dog pull on the leash and don't look at me when doing some of their tasks, like finding the exit or a person. they also might actually be off duty while still wearing their gear

Pulling and not looking at their handler does not mean they are out of control or a fake, there are so many reasons why they might be doing it when you see them
I wouldn’t be “reporting” them either way, but I do think that for service dogs to be allowed into places, that you’d need paperwork. I’m just talking about places that only allow service dogs, where there’s dogs that are clearly acting out

Hoping I censored the drawings enough. They're 'Ken Dolled' anyways, so nothing would be blurred on TV, but I felt a bit wary posting them as is. Hopefully I don't get dinged and given more points.

20240411_155028.jpg
20240411_154920.jpg

1st is the typical attire for the women in the royal family in Heavah, 2nd is typical for the men. I did forget to color a ring on the female drawing though I just spotted after like 2 years. Might change the female top a bit, but I'm not sure if I'm being honest. They live somewhere super warm and dry, but they themselves typically aren't outside very long, and if they are, they have shade provided to stay out of the sun.

Almost certainly going to lower the veils, at least for the male's. I wanted to keep the ruler's veil full face, but then it would be too similar to the women and not the men, which wouldn't even be considered there.

And no, modesty isn't really a thing there. Definitely causes conflict between Aoife and Laurent since their cultures are very different in who exactly should be able to see your body.

We hatched our first boy a couple of hours ago, so we're on to 3 surviving and in the brooder! It's hysterical because all I read was "The boys will have a white spot on their heads." I didn't take that to mean I'm going to have a chick hatching out looking like a Backstreet boy with frosted tips!

There's a couple more trying to zip right now. Will keep everyone posted as it goes!

We hatched our first boy a couple of hours ago, so we're on to 3 surviving and in the brooder! It's hysterical because all I read was "The boys will have a white spot on their heads." I didn't take that to mean I'm going to have a chick hatching out looking like a Backstreet boy with frosted tips!

There's a couple more trying to zip right now. Will keep everyone posted as it goes!
I actually looked like a barred chick once on accident. My haircut was longer than usual so I had frosted tips for like 6 weeks before I finally got rid of them

Something hysterical I should note that happened while I had to make an urgent run to TSC... I came home and my boyfriend had the volume turned up on my pc (the incubator is on my desk) and was playing a youtube video of "Chick noises 2 hours and 20 minutes" to try and encourage the little ones to hurry up and hatch already.

Mind you this is the man that knows nothing about poultry and isn't exactly totally fond of them like us chicken people are. Essentially it's the "Dad that didn't want the dog." Situation. He does the same thing fretting over my houseplants that he complains about! :gig

Best part? the video may have helped a touch. I just had two more hatch with a third giving a good go at pipping.

Something hysterical I should note that happened while I had to make an urgent run to TSC... I came home and my boyfriend had the volume turned up on my pc (the incubator is on my desk) and was playing a youtube video of "Chick noises 2 hours and 20 minutes" to try and encourage the little ones to hurry up and hatch already.

Mind you this is the man that knows nothing about poultry and isn't exactly totally fond of them like us chicken people are. Essentially it's the "Dad that didn't want the dog." Situation. He does the same thing fretting over my houseplants that he complains about! :gig

Best part? the video may have helped a touch. I just had two more hatch with a third giving a good go at pipping.
They like hearing others that are already out.

I wouldn’t be “reporting” them either way,
You don't have to report them for it to cause issues unfortunately, one AD handler I follow told a story that they where having a bad health day and was hurrying to their classes. The squeezed into the lift and their dog sniffed towards somebody (extremely common "mistake") the person started yelling at them that their dog was a fake, etc

Thats what fake spotting is doing. It also means many people including shop staff and security end up with a unrealistic expectation of AD behaviour

The entire point of ADs is to help their disabled handler, its not to have perfect obedience. The more "rules" around how the dog behaves the harder it is, the more shops who will refuse ADs because they made one tiny mistake

but I do think that for service dogs to be allowed into places, that you’d need paperwork. I’m just talking about places that only allow service dogs, where there’s dogs that are clearly acting out
You don't, some countries do but UK and America don't. I actually don't support the need of paperwork either. The law being vague and the way it is allows more people to get ADs and help through that route

I probably would not be able to have an AD if paperwork was required because 1. Not all of my disability are diagnosed 2. I don't know if anywhere has trained a dog for what I need. Also need to take into consideration how long would the paperwork take (getting diagnosed, feeling it in, other issues) and Canada has some type of certificate I am not sure exactly how it works but you need to pay monthly for it. Which adds a lot onto people that are normally required to buy other expensive things for their disability and who can't work (and the dog care cost too!)

Next issue is that if you go out and forget your paperwork your stuck!(don't forget it people who are disabled who need to remember it, meaning they may have memory problems or be in pain), Imagine rushing to your doctors appointment because your late but you forgot your dog's paperwork so you can't go in!

At the second last issue those who do take their dogs illegally places most of the time have been scammed online so they have bought a certificate for their dog, I doubt they would stop once it is actually required.

Last one there is already a huge lack of education for shop staff and security, more information they need to know won't change that. How many will ask to see it? How many will not know what its supposed to look like?

You don't have to report them for it to cause issues unfortunately, one AD handler I follow told a story that they where having a bad health day and was hurrying to their classes. The squeezed into the lift and their dog sniffed towards somebody (extremely common "mistake") the person started yelling at them that their dog was a fake, etc

Thats what fake spotting is doing. It also means many people including shop staff and security end up with a unrealistic expectation of AD behaviour

The entire point of ADs is to help their disabled handler, its not to have perfect obedience. The more "rules" around how the dog behaves the harder it is, the more shops who will refuse ADs because they made one tiny mistake

You don't, some countries do but UK and America don't. I actually don't support the need of paperwork either. The law being vague and the way it is allows more people to get ADs and help through that route

I probably would not be able to have an AD if paperwork was required because 1. Not all of my disability are diagnosed 2. I don't know if anywhere has trained a dog for what I need. Also need to take into consideration how long would the paperwork take (getting diagnosed, feeling it in, other issues) and Canada has some type of certificate I am not sure exactly how it works but you need to pay monthly for it. Which adds a lot onto people that are normally required to buy other expensive things for their disability and who can't work (and the dog care cost too!)

Next issue is that if you go out and forget your paperwork your stuck!(don't forget it people who are disabled who need to remember it, meaning they may have memory problems or be in pain), Imagine rushing to your doctors appointment because your late but you forgot your dog's paperwork so you can't go in!

At the second last issue those who do take their dogs illegally places most of the time have been scammed online so they have bought a certificate for their dog, I doubt they would stop once it is actually required.

Last one there is already a huge lack of education for shop staff and security, more information they need to know won't change that. How many will ask to see it? How many will not know what its supposed to look like?

The ADA
IMG_6428.png

UK, hard to understand 😅 I have sent it to my brother I don't know how many times to check if I understand it right 😆

IMG_5965.png

Back
Top Bottom