LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Welp. I didn't need that mini panic attack just now... One of my eggs in the incubator is externally pipped but... She's trying to bust out the side instead of at the air cell where she should.

Cue me panicking and running to the assisted hatching article like a maniac. Thankfully, apparently this is very common and chicks hatch out like this all the time. I just need to leave her be for now and not panic till it's been 36-48 hours after her hatch. I will say she got a decent chunk off the side of the shell and she's able to hollar at me so I'm thinking she's gonna be fine when she finally gets outta there.

Gonna candle the other eggs and see if they've internally pipped or not since we're on day 23 if my count is correct.

Welp. I didn't need that mini panic attack just now... One of my eggs in the incubator is externally pipped but... She's trying to bust out the side instead of at the air cell where she should.

Cue me panicking and running to the assisted hatching article like a maniac. Thankfully, apparently this is very common and chicks hatch out like this all the time. I just need to leave her be for now and not panic till it's been 36-48 hours after her hatch. I will say she got a decent chunk off the side of the shell and she's able to hollar at me so I'm thinking she's gonna be fine when she finally gets outta there.

Gonna candle the other eggs and see if they've internally pipped or not since we're on day 23 if my count is correct.
Yeah, if they can get air, usually theyre fine so long as they dont get shrinkwrapped no matter where they pip. I have that happen a fair amount with shiiped eggs

Back
Top Bottom