LGBTQ+ Poultry Keepers

Is it actually on its side, or are there just multiple babies coming off it? A soil top up isn't a bad idea
Those are babies I believe and the plant is potted low inside. But I added some dirt on the sides where there weren't any babies and top dressed all of the plants.

Even if a part of it dies, you can almost always bring them back. Last year I got a cactus (actually it was two specimens, one having two babies) that had severe root rot. One morning, the two largest "parts" had falled, because their base was so rotten it couldn't hold them up. I cut them up until there was no more rot, and left the healthy parts to dry off for a couple of days, maybe more. Then I planted them, watered them, and about a year later, the plant has doubled in size

There's always hope :hugs
:hugs

You really know your plants, this one is lucky to have you! If you were able to bring this one back to life, I should be able to keep mine alive!

Those are babies I believe and the plant is potted low inside. But I added some dirt on the sides where there weren't any babies and top dressed all of the plants.

Good call. Doesn't need to be perfect for now, in two weeks or so you can go in and put more soil, slightly lifting the succulent. I'm very sure it'll be fine

:hugs

You really know your plants, this one is lucky to have you! If you were able to bring this one back to life, I should be able to keep mine alive!

That's very flattering :hugs

Exactly. Another story to further prove how resilient they are. I forgot one of my kalanchoes in my watering "bin" for about a week. It rained almost every day of that week. When I remembered about it, I found a plant with no soil, with a pot separated, floating at the top of the water, and a chalanchoe completely submerged in water. Took it out, dried it with some paper towels, put it in some soil and left it for a week (maybe two). Then I put some more soil, readjusted a bit (because the roots had not held on to the soil, so the plant had drooped a bit), and watered. I did sparce watering for some time, and then started it on the normal succulent programme. It's thriving now as well, and has given me quite a few propagations

That's very flattering :hugs

Exactly. Another story to further prove how resilient they are. I forgot one of my kalanchoes in my watering "bin" for about a week. It rained almost every day of that week. When I remembered about it, I found a plant with no soil, with a pot separated, floating at the top of the water, and a chalanchoe completely submerged in water. Took it out, dried it with some paper towels, put it in some soil and left it for a week (maybe two). Then I put some more soil, readjusted a bit (because the roots had not held on to the soil, so the plant had drooped a bit), and watered. I did sparce watering for some time, and then started it on the normal succulent programme. It's thriving now as well, and has given me quite a few propagations
Wow, you saved this plant!!! :woot You DO know your stuff, you speak their language, give yourself more credit!! Fluffy the Plant Doctor.... has a nice ring! 🪴 🌱

Thank you :hugs
Wow, you saved this plant!!! :woot You DO know your stuff, you speak their language, give yourself more credit!! Fluffy the Plant Doctor.... has a nice ring! 🪴 🌱

if anything, I can somewhat speak succulent dialect. Anything else is probably dead

Not sure I'm a succulent doctor, maybe a succulent collector😅

Back
Top Bottom