Lice and mites

Most folks use permethrin dust or spray.

You'd apply that to the chickens and the coop and areas where they are the most.

Repeat that in 10 days to be sure you got the eggs too that may have hatched.

I read where one member put the powder in an old sock and patted each chicken down with it. I can see that idea working, but otherwise, be sure to get under their wings, neck, and rump area well.

Ducks only? do they have access to a pool? for coop your going to need to remove all bedding and either burn or carry off in bags don't dump it outside or you'll still have the problem I like you use neem oil found in garden centers it is very safe. I use this to treat the coops. Mix in hot water so it blends better since it's an oil use a spray bottle to spray top bottom sides and any cracks in the coop. I've never had external parasites on my waterfowl only my chickens I use Ivermectin pour on to keep them free of mites and lice. I use a needless syringe and apply to the back of their necks like you put flea spot on dogs and under each wing.

Ducks only? do they have access to a pool? for coop your going to need to remove all bedding and either burn or carry off in bags don't dump it outside or you'll still have the problem I like you use neem oil found in garden centers it is very safe. I use this to treat the coops. Mix in hot water so it blends better since it's an oil use a spray bottle to spray top bottom sides and any cracks in the coop. I've never had external parasites on my waterfowl only my chickens I use Ivermectin pour on to keep them free of mites and lice. I use a needless syringe and apply to the back of their necks like you put flea spot on dogs and under each wing.
I only have ducks but since we have a fox problem and I had a baby I’m going to be honest the last 2/3 months they haven’t gotten out much to the bath and I feel horrible. I bought

Bonide Products Fly, Lice & Tick Control Dust-O and Gordon's Permethrin 10 Livestock & Premise Spray

Off Amazon today. Over the winter we did a breakdown method with the bedding so there’s a lot of old bedding that has to get scooped out my husbands taking off tomorrow to take the outdoor area apart tomorrow to scooo out as much as possible. We’ve never had this issue is it just because they haven’t been able to bath as often?

Back
Top Bottom