Limping Chicken

Mickm72

Hatching
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Hi
Can someone please help i have recently aquired 10 lovely hens and have no problems with them until today i noticed one of my girls is limping quite badly. I have checked her foot and leg and can find no reasonalble explanation should i take her to the vet or could it just be a simple sprain?????
roll.png

My hens do that from time to time. One of my hens it took like 2 weeks from her to back to 100%. Just from my experience, she'll be fine.

Lameness has a million causes, but one is disease, so just kinda keep on eye on her. We isolated one of our hens in a very small pen for about 6 weeks because she was very lame; she became very tame during that time and we called her "Gimpy".She did get better but when we let her back out she became lame again. We think the rooster is spraining something on her; she is all bald, so she must be a favorite! She gets around ok so we just let her stay out.

thank you all for your advice my chuck is still limping but is very well in everyother way i am keeping a close eye on her and with advice from the vet are letting her alone unless anything else happens:)

Last year my NHR hen went lame, and we were confused. But figured it out quite quickly. She had bruised the back of her leg, while our roo mounted her on our Gravel driveway.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom