Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
Heck I was just reminded I have some chance of showgirls in the shipped eggs :th

The shipped black silkie eggs have satin frizzle and showgirl. I'd love a satin, but satin frizzle and showgirls are not in my plans :smack

@ElfenLied89 if there's a Showgirl I'll be sending it to you along with Norman and the Grinch. Just a heads up.

There is also a chance of frizzle and satin in the paint eggs, this is ok, and chocolate has frizzle which is great! Someday I'd love to hatch some chocolate satins, if I get a good chocolate cockerel and a good black satin pullet, watch out world because we're making some sexlinked chickies! This cross will produce chocolate pullets and black split to chocolate cockerels, both 50/50 on silkied and satin. Come on chocolate boy and black satin girl!!!!!

Good morning eggies! Grace and Zen, hop to it and start growing!!

Celebrate Hip Hop GIF

:celebrate good morning eight dozen little eggs!
🥰 Go Xena and Charlotte!
Hubby likes to check the temperature and humidity a few times a day, I wasn't sure he'd go to the basement to do this as my last two hatches were upstairs and easy to wander by. He's checked these twice yesterday and hasn't said a word about the number of eggs 😬

Last edited:
Hubby likes to check the temperature and humidity a few times a day, I wasn't sure he'd go to the basement to do this as my last two hatches were upstairs and easy to wander by. He's checked these twice yesterday and hasn't said a word about the number of eggs 😬

Hubby shocked but excepting... 🤣

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

Alright, set egg photos, numbered and a breed / pen key!

Starting in the NR360:
Bright Green dots are Fizz Bang the EE, the light eggs are BA and the one brown egg is a BR.
Brown dots are Chonkers over RIR, BA, BR, and EE. The two with brown and light blue dots are Chonkers and Juravenator a BA. The others I'm not sure who laid what other than the most olive colored egg is likely from Peaches.

The unmarked silkie eggs are part of the old/cold group.

View attachment 3735046

In the Brinsea:
Orange = Swedish Flower Hen
Purple = Lavender Ameraucana Bantam
Brown = Chocolate silkie
Pink = Paint silkie
Black = black silkie
Light Blue = Blue / Splash silkie
Green = Light Brahma
Gold = GN D'uccle
White = Ermine Ameraucana
Bright Green = bantam mixes, all sired by a GN D'uccle
Dark blue = my silkies, chocolate pullet
Red = my silkies, partridge or splash pullet

Unmarked silkies = older / cold

View attachment 3735209
Eggsellent way to stack 'em in the Brinsea! I'm going to remember that should I ever win the egg lottery. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom