Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
@pipdzipdnreadytogo here are some fresh Chonkers photos from tonight. He has some interesting almost bars of leakage on his wings, and in the light from the flashlight it darn near looked like he was sparkling 🤣 he's so dirty, I wonder what he'd look like all clean.

20240204_192613.jpg
20240204_192625.jpg
20240204_192642.jpg
20240204_192634.jpg
Its faint, but see the lines on his wings
20240204_192645.jpg

@pipdzipdnreadytogo here are some fresh Chonkers photos from tonight. He has some interesting almost bars of leakage on his wings, and in the light from the flashlight it darn near looked like he was sparkling 🤣 he's so dirty, I wonder what he'd look like all clean.

View attachment 3740791
View attachment 3740792
View attachment 3740793
View attachment 3740794

Its faint, but see the lines on his wings

View attachment 3740795

Yeah, I'm still pretty sure he's leaky dominant white. A very leaky one, but not out of the realm of possibility from what I've seen from Paints. It'll be interesting to see if his babies line up with that, though. What is it, 12 days to go now? :pop Remind me, you just crossed him to Black Australorps or did you cross him to other hens as well for your test cross?

Yeah, I'm still pretty sure he's leaky dominant white. A very leaky one, but not out of the realm of possibility from what I've seen from Paints. It'll be interesting to see if his babies line up with that, though. What is it, 12 days to go now? :pop Remind me, you just crossed him to Black Australorps or did you cross him to other hens as well for your test cross?
He's in with RIR, BA, and BR as far as brown egg layers go, and I don't know which egg is from which hen. Other than I caught Juravenator (BA) laying two days, she has a very round egg with a slightly different shade, so I can probably pock her eggs out from the others, but the rest are completely unknown! There are 4 EEs too, 3 lay the exact same shade, one lays a little darker and I think that is Peaches. Hubby wants Chonkers x Grump Grumps eggs hatched, she'd a gorgeous blue with rust frosted feathers. She'd probably be better crossed with our EE Fizzy though.

I just want to give him a big hug !
I kinda don't want to say anything because then he'll have to go and prove me wrong, but he's been a good little cockerel. He isn't aggressive to me, just chatters at me but doesn't wing dance or puff up. One thing I did see yesterday though, when I went in the coop, all the ladies came running in as usual, he did too, then ran back out and called them all to follow, it was hilarious because all the girls went piling back out into the run 🤣 so apparently they are listening to him and his reponse to me is to call his ladies away from me rather than feel he has to fight me. His brother JetPack on the other hand has turned into a complete ornery stinker. He is attacking me (not flogging but body slamming me) and attacking the waterer as we lift it up and set it back down. He's turned pretty violent already 😬 I've held him on his back and he'll leave me alone for a few days, then he's right back at it.

He's in with RIR, BA, and BR as far as brown egg layers go, and I don't know which egg is from which hen. Other than I caught Juravenator (BA) laying two days, she has a very round egg with a slightly different shade, so I can probably pock her eggs out from the others, but the rest are completely unknown! There are 4 EEs too, 3 lay the exact same shade, one lays a little darker and I think that is Peaches. Hubby wants Chonkers x Grump Grumps eggs hatched, she'd a gorgeous blue with rust frosted feathers. She'd probably be better crossed with our EE Fizzy though.

Oh yes, I remember you mentioning those as well! Should make for some pretty babies!

Grump Grump does sound really pretty! Do you have any pictures of her? I love Easter-eggers. 🥰 I'm sure that her babies with Chonkers will be pretty, too! Not quite the same thing, but I hatched a couple Silkie x EE mixes a few years back and they were quite eye-catching birds.

Oberon.jpg
Ganymede.jpg

Back
Top Bottom