Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
I moved all the eggs from the NR360 into the Brinsea tonight, took a quick peak as some were questionable the other day. This hatch is struggling, I am sorry to say I pulled 7 quitters 😕

Everyone in the NR360 quit except Zip the Zippy Chick @pipdzipdnreadytogo and Steve @TheDawg and 4 silkie eggs from my flock :barnie

The ones who crossed the rainbow Bridge are:
Godzilla Kong @ElfenLied89
Mothra @QueenofKings
Titan @TwoCrows
Charlotte/ Charlie @GreenJay

I must admit I am bummed 🥺 the quitters are from my flock and I did change their feed to an organic all flock the end of November so I'm thinking I need to go back to what they were on previously. I'm sorry guys 🥺 not a good news post.
Oh no... *hugs* I'm sorry.

I moved all the eggs from the NR360 into the Brinsea tonight, took a quick peak as some were questionable the other day. This hatch is struggling, I am sorry to say I pulled 7 quitters 😕

Everyone in the NR360 quit except Zip the Zippy Chick @pipdzipdnreadytogo and Steve @TheDawg and 4 silkie eggs from my flock :barnie

Mothra @QueenofKings
Titan @TwoCrows

I must admit I am bummed 🥺 the quitters are from my flock and I did change their feed to an organic all flock the end of November so I'm thinking I need to go back to what they were on previously. I'm sorry guys 🥺 not a good news post.
Noooo! My baby!! 😭 Why did the Godzilla babies (and Charlotte/Charlie) have to go?!

I don't know 😭 it was doing so good too. That's why I'm wondering about the nutrition of the feed I'm using 😨 no matter the cause of them quitting, I feel really bad ☹️
Maybe it was just too cold outside? Idk. Maybe they hated the themed names? Lol. It sucks. Next time we get chonker DNA babies, I am still using Godzilla. So they better just get used to the name.

Mothra @QueenofKings
Titan @TwoCrows

I am so sorry Tink. :hugs It is winter, fertility is low, birds don't always eat enough when they aren't laying as much. And it never hurts to switch to a new feed. It's easy to get bummed when you are anticipating a good hatch. I too have filled my incubator with eggs only to have a 30 or 40 percent hatch rate, it's a bummer for sure. But there will be other hatches, you will be knee deep in chicks this year, I promise! 😊

Mothra @QueenofKings
Titan @TwoCrows

Oof, I am so sorry to see this! :hugs Try not to be too hard on yourself, sometimes things like this just happen. This time of year is pretty rough for hatching no matter what you do or don't do.

Mothra @QueenofKings
Titan @TwoCrows

:hugs so sorry about the quitters! RIP babies! :hugs

Oof, I am so sorry to see this! :hugs Try not to be too hard on yourself, sometimes things like this just happen. This time of year is pretty rough for hatching no matter what you do or don't do.
I have a tab in an excel sheet for this hatch, so I'm adding notes as I go so I have them for future reference. I'm really not sure why they are quitting, I can only speculate. But, I'll track this and future hatches and I'm sure I will learn a lot! This is my third ever hatch, this one and the one in December I knew had several things going against them. But I had to try.

I am so sorry Tink. :hugs It is winter, fertility is low, birds don't always eat enough when they aren't laying as much. And it never hurts to switch to a new feed. It's easy to get bummed when you are anticipating a good hatch. I too have filled my incubator with eggs only to have a 30 or 40 percent hatch rate, it's a bummer for sure. But there will be other hatches, you will be knee deep in chicks this year, I promise! 😊
It's another sad side of having animals, but you are right, March is right around the corner and I'll be able to refill the incubator (just one this time! I think...) with better weather eggs!

I still am I. Absolute need of some Ermine Ameraucanas and Golden Necked D'uccles! Maybe a few more SFHs too 😉

Back
Top Bottom