Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
So for starters, I think your guy is an elephant bush, sometimes known as a dwarf jade. IMO he's asking for more sun, the location he's in right now isn't providing him with jut the right amount. Definitely cut back on watering, I see that the soil is very moist, in the winter most of mine have bone dry soil for a few weeks before getting watered. Considering your guy doesn't have many leaves, but is an indoor plant, I'd wait three to four weeks, I'd the leaves show signs of underwatering, give him a good water soak. It's important to remember that watering succulents is all about giving them loads of water very rarely. When watering a succulent, don't hold back. I personally prefer bottom watering
He's on my kitchen counter, no real sun just one of those UV gross lights, I'll move him to the living room. Typically the water runs through the sold to the bottom of the white pot, but I noticed it was full up so it wasn't able to drain.

I'll go relocate him, we only have west facing windows, I read for Jade plants, they like South facing ones. We'll try it though.

He's on my kitchen counter, no real sun just one of those UV gross lights, I'll move him to the living room. Typically the water runs through the sold to the bottom of the white pot, but I noticed it was full up so it wasn't able to drain.

I'll go relocate him, we only have west facing windows, I read for Jade plants, they like South facing ones. We'll try it though.

I wouldn't focus so much on South or West facing windows. Find the window that has the most sun, and place him in front of it. Is he in a cachepot? I also forgot to say, don't fertilize him when it's not in his growing season (I never fertilize, but I'm lazy). I unfortunately don't know if your plant's growing season is in winter, or summer

Day 15 brought to you by this article!

Day 15

The chick is now mostly formed and there are few morphological changes. Down is growing larger and is continuing to grow, as is the embryo. The shrinking of the vitellus accelerates. The embryo begins to position its head under its right wing, which is the pipping position.
Day 15, :woot let's go little ones! Hatch time is nearing!

Nails Egg GIF by Megan Thee Stallion

Can't believe we've got under a week to go on the eggs! :eek: Time always seems to fly when there's eggs in the incubator!

Hey, since y'all are on the topic of succulents... Fluffy, what are your lithops up to these days? 😍

They're doing...not so good. My lack of good predictions, the unstable weather, and the season, has taken one plant. The others have spent whole weeks with zero light in the apothecary to avoid the rain. Next year I'll have to build a mini greenhouse for them, they are not tolerant of the rain at all

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! I love them, but looking into them as a complete novice at taking care of plants of any kind, they seem like they're pretty tough to raise. I have the utmost confidence that you'll get your remaining ones back to happy little rubbery stone thingies again, though. 🥰

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that! I love them, but looking into them as a complete novice at taking care of plants of any kind, they seem like they're pretty tough to raise. I have the utmost confidence that you'll get your remaining ones back to happy little rubbery stone thingies again, though. 🥰

I hope so too. I really would like for the nasty weather to be done, so I can get them out in the sun, and let them shed

Back
Top Bottom