Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

1706979479119.png

Casper disapproves of this discussion šŸ¤£
Nice ragdoll :D

That's what I said :lau
Pipd you must get this way too often

Haha, I do! šŸ¤­

If he isnā€™t a ragdoll and you didnā€™t get him from a breeder, then I bet thereā€™s at least some in there lol

He's actually a stray that just showed up here one day, believe it or not! I suspect traditional Balinese, personally, because he's around the right size for one (and pretty small for a Ragdoll), plus there is a breeder of Balinese not too far from where I live. However, I don't have a DNA test or anything to prove it and he didn't have any papers on him when he wandered out of the woods, so officially he's just a really pretty domestic longhair. šŸ˜

Haha, I do! šŸ¤­

He's actually a stray that just showed up here one day, believe it or not! I suspect traditional Balinese, personally, because he's around the right size for one (and pretty small for a Ragdoll), plus there is a breeder of Balinese not too far from where I live. However, I don't have a DNA test or anything to prove it and he didn't have any papers on him when he wandered out of the woods, so officially he's just a really pretty domestic longhair. šŸ˜
Oh I donā€™t know if I knew the breed or not before, but that does look closer. I thought the nose didnā€™t really match for a ragdoll

It's Lockdown Day! But, it's only Day 17, what am I doing!?! Lol, since I set the eggs early in the morning, and I've had silkies hatch on day 20, AND, if I don't do lockdown tonight I won't do it until tomorrow night, so tonight is my safe window to get everything situated and have a grace day of trying to get the humidity where I want it before things get serious!

Read all about the chickies growth today here!

Day 17

The embryo's renal system produces urates. The beak, now under the right wing, points to the air cell. The albumen is now fully absorbed.

I have a question for those who have hatched shipped eggs. They have been upright in the Brinsea this whole time, the air cells were quite jiggly when I got the eggs. Is it OK to lay them on their sides to hatch, or should I use an egg crate or small rope to hold them upright to hatch?
They should be ok by now to lay them on their sides. You might mark the air cell lines and if you do have rope, you might use it to lay the eggs in like @gimmie birdies does so that the wonky sides are up and stay up.

Back
Top Bottom