Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

I can't remember if it is Black on White that gives Blue or if it is White on Black? I have 4 White Jersey hens and several roosters. They are some of the best tempered roosters I've ever raised. They don't seem to ever fight unless provoked by a RIR rooster.

I just got done candling 123 eggs. Looks like I'm in trouble. Need a lot more brooder space and some new coops. I got way to close to the edge.
I wasn't feeling too bad about setting 110 eggs as I had a low hatch rate in Feb, but... it's warmer and spring is coming, so I may be in trouble too! Let me know when you build that new brooder, I may send some overflow chickies your way 🤣

Steve is doing great! I just looked and I don't have any fresh photos of him, I think it's a him... it has a really broad area across its beak for a comb. It's starting to grow some black and white tail feathers and has the most adorable poofy cheeks 🥰
Oh wow! That’s awesome!!!

So he hatched!? Yay!!!! Sorry, I’m way behind lol and now you’re hatching new eggs?
Yes... more eggs set already 🤣 I'm trying to build my breeding pens, then I'll stop hatching and wait for them to grow out and I'll select the ones moving forward with my breeding plans, then I'll be waiting until they start laying to do more hatches.

Yes... more eggs set already 🤣 I'm trying to build my breeding pens, then I'll stop hatching and wait for them to grow out and I'll select the ones moving forward with my breeding plans, then I'll be waiting until they start laying to do more hatches.
Nice!!!!! Sounds cool

Back
Top Bottom