Longer tail means it's a girl?

AddictingChickens

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 9, 2010
westford, MA
I have two bantam cochins that were born on March 19th. Is the one with the longer tail a girl? It's comb is not as red as the other one. I already have a Roo and not enough hens for more than one.

The pictures of the yellow/gold/black bantam chicks were born on April 1 and are exactly the same...both girls too??? I don't know what breed they are so if you might know, do tell! : )
THank you!!!

I think they are all roos.
hide.gif
Where did you get your chicks from? Cochins shouldn't have "hard" tails like that and that is an odd wing carriage for Cochins too. I'm not sure what breed your other banties are but they look like they might have some Old English Game in them.

Oh boy! My chicks sat on them and hatched them on their own. Even though one tail is way longer than the other, they are both roos? Boo hoo! Same for the gold ones? What can I observe on them that determines this as my mom cochins are sitting on about 20 eggs that should be hatching in the next 10 days.... Oh man.

oh, btw, forgot to mention that the Moms are cochins (really feathery with feathers on their leggs) and the Dad is an old English Roo. As for the gold ones, I have a pretty small gold, tan and black hen that I think is the mom that also bred with the Roo - old English

Back
Top Bottom