Looking for a coop or run to house golden pheasants

Takeylla

Songster
5 Years
Oct 8, 2018
USA, South Carolina
i don’t have any golden pheasants yet but I’d like to get a pair, but obviously, I need something to put them in right. If anyone has any they are selling or giving away I’d be interested in them. I live in South Carolina, so y’all don’t have to ask for that :)

A bobcat killed 14 birds. This picture was taken after the bobcat kill which I caught and eliminated. It shouldn't have come back for more. They were in their pen when they were killed.
IMG_3327.JPG

Please post when you get your birds and the set up with your birds. Are you planning on hatching their eggs at some point? I don't know if this will give you any ideas. I realize from your post it appears you want a already made up pretty much ready to go coop or something to keep them in. I used a shed which I converted when we had an opportunity to get some pheasant eggs. I did some research. I used what I had to work with. I had never had pheasants before. I hope this helps to give you some ideas. This is some different angles of the pheasants pen. They did have a coop but didn't like to go in it. These were taken when the birds were younger. I let the grass grow up in there and put some branches in for them. They liked to get on the branches. The pen was covered. These pictures were taken before we expanded their pen and had a large pole in the middle to hold the netting up. I'll see if I can find those pictures. My computer recently crashed. Luckily I have most of the files backed up. This is a rain/shade table for them to get under, which they did mostly for shade. Good luck and have fun...
IMG_3229.JPG

Hubby checking out the youngsters. Since there was little shade for them I put the umbrella up for shade until I made the rain/shade table for them.
IMG_3230.JPG

IMG_3231.JPG

They wouldn't go into the coop to eat so I made this table to keep the feeder off of the ground and out of the rain. Probably a range feeder would work well.
IMG_3232.JPG

Please post when you get your birds and the set up with your birds. Are you planning on hatching their eggs at some point? I don't know if this will give you any ideas. I realize from your post it appears you want a already made up pretty much ready to go coop or something to keep them in. I used a shed which I converted when we had an opportunity to get some pheasant eggs. I did some research. I used what I had to work with. I had never had pheasants before. I hope this helps to give you some ideas. This is some different angles of the pheasants pen. They did have a coop but didn't like to go in it. These were taken when the birds were younger. I let the grass grow up in there and put some branches in for them. They liked to get on the branches. The pen was covered. These pictures were taken before we expanded their pen and had a large pole in the middle to hold the netting up. I'll see if I can find those pictures. My computer recently crashed. Luckily I have most of the files backed up. This is a rain/shade table for them to get under, which they did mostly for shade. Good luck and have fun...
View attachment 1935880
Hubby checking out the youngsters. Since there was little shade for them I put the umbrella up for shade until I made the rain/shade table for them.View attachment 1935881
View attachment 1935882
They wouldn't go into the coop to eat so I made this table to keep the feeder off of the ground and out of the rain. Probably a range feeder would work well. View attachment 1935883
I plan to get or make something or buy something for them and get them as an adult or juvenile unrelated pair, they'll be my first ever pair of pheasants, but I've had chickens, ducks, and geese in the past and I like the idea of flight pen netting, I never thought of that, and is there any thing I need to put towards the bottom of a pen made with flight pen netting. :)

I put wire fencing up and the netting over it. My mistake was not putting a skirt around the bottom to keep the predators out and a bobcat dug under the fence and killed several birds. Since I have buried some wire in the most vulnerable places a foot deep along the bottom of the fencing and hog ringed it to the bottom of the fence but now I also have electric wire around all of my coops and pens.

Back
Top Bottom