Looking for embden or buff young

SkyeT

Songster
Aug 7, 2018
San Antonio
Is there some secret way to google search these geese? Or maybe they aren't popular in Texas? We want to get a female gosling to raise with our ducks for when we move into the country as a guardian/alert companion. But when I search for "embden" or "buff" geese in Texas, I get nothing, or I get a runaround or dead websites. Am I doing it wrong, or is there some secret term only goose lovers know that us duck lovers don't? :lol:

Anyway, any help would be appreicated. We don't want chinese or african, as from what I've read, they can be seriously mean to outsiders and noisy and I don't want either issues. Unless anyone has another suggestion that I haven't considered?

Is there some secret way to google search these geese? Or maybe they aren't popular in Texas? We want to get a female gosling to raise with our ducks for when we move into the country as a guardian/alert companion. But when I search for "embden" or "buff" geese in Texas, I get nothing, or I get a runaround or dead websites. Am I doing it wrong, or is there some secret term only goose lovers know that us duck lovers don't? :lol:

Anyway, any help would be appreicated. We don't want chinese or african, as from what I've read, they can be seriously mean to outsiders and noisy and I don't want either issues. Unless anyone has another suggestion that I haven't considered?
Several websites sell Embden geese aka Murry McMurray, Cackle Hatchery etc... You just have to get them when they are in season. Embden are generally docile and large.

Geese imprint on humans just like they will pretty much on anything. Any gander will be somehow aggressive. Now what's aggressive? That depends on how ignorant and cowardly the human is that's perceiving the goose behavior. If you treat a goose right and you are not spreading your cortisol everywhere then you'll be okay. The 'mean' rooster and gander myth is a myth. Get the birds young and be nice to them ALL THE TIME and you'll have pleasant poultry.

nope, go to murray mcmurray or cackle hatchery and they sell birds when in season.

Back
Top Bottom