Looking for farm dog in IN

Pics
If you are looking for a working farm dog, you shouldn’t plan on breeding them. The hormones can cause some issues in their behavior around you and the animals and also are more likely to attract in strays and other canines like coyotes.

what exactly are you wanting this farm dog to do? This info will be very helpful in suggesting breeds.

Please get a fixed dog. 😶
your dog WILL get pregnant if you don't fix her. You won't even be able to take her outside with you - males will travel miles to breed with your dog. I know this because my dad's friend had exactly that happen. Males brawled outside his home for weeks because they could all smell the unspayed dog in heat.
Also, you shouldn't breed your dog in general, there are enough dogs without homes in the world already.
Good luck finding a pupper.

If you don't spay, you will be raising pups unless you keep your dog indoors 24/7.
I doubt you will do that since you are looking for a farm dog.
A stray dog will eventually come along, especially when she is in heat.

The world doesn't need more dogs or cats.
I plan on separating her when she is in heat.
If you are looking for a working farm dog, you shouldn’t plan on breeding them. The hormones can cause some issues in their behavior around you and the animals and also are more likely to attract in strays and other canines like coyotes.

what exactly are you wanting this farm dog to do? This info will be very helpful in suggesting breeds.
Just enjoy life, I need her to be strong enough to fight off coyotes and that is just about it. When I say farm dog I mean dog that lives on a farm :)

Also where in Indiana are you? I’d hate to suggest a breeder in northern Indiana when you in southern indiana
Around Newcastle.
Please get a fixed dog. 😶
your dog WILL get pregnant if you don't fix her. You won't even be able to take her outside with you - males will travel miles to breed with your dog. I know this because my dad's friend had exactly that happen. Males brawled outside his home for weeks because they could all smell the unspayed dog in heat.
Also, you shouldn't breed your dog in general, there are enough dogs without homes in the world already.
Good luck finding a pupper.
I have a 130 lbs dog and a .22 so there will not by any male dogs around. And maybe I could use her to lure the coyotes out? (Don't respond to that it was a joke:))

I am looking for a for dog, requirements are listed below.
  • Female
  • Not pit bull (not even a mix)
  • 45-75 lbs when full grown
  • I am OK with getting an pup that is up to a year old.
  • Not fixed (not planing on breeding but just encase :) )
  • In Indiana
Thanks for looking!
i have a pitbull and shes an amazing dog, i also have 14 chickens. Shes kept a few animals off. I don't understand why you have to knock off pitbulls.

Back
Top Bottom