Looking for new breed

I love Buff Orpingtons
fair rooster.JPG

my very favorite chicken(s) happen to be bantam cochins. so many colors, such gentle personalities and easy going. LOVE to be held, and great moms. The other one i have that is quite GORGEOUS is my bantam salmon favorelle. what a stunning girl she is. she has not gone broody which might be odd but she lays a fair amount and just an absolute LOVE. if i sit down she is ON my lap ASAP and it does not matter if have treats or not. she will sit on my leg for quite awhile and i have to put her down if i want to move. so many choices!!! i am hatching seramas for the first time, (i am NOT a breeder) and really excited, altho what i will do with a bunch or roosters i do not know!

Hello people! I currently show/breed buff Orpingtons and ring-neck pheasants, but I have been looking for a new breed. The buffs are great and I will continue to show/breed them. Although I have been wanting to show another breed. I know I want to start breeding bantams, and I have looked into Dutch bantams, and Speckled Sussex bantams. What are your favorite types of bantams and what makes them your favorite? What is a good beginner bantam breed and what makes that breed a good beginner? Thank you!

First I want to let you know I've yet to see a better screen name then Valhalla Acres!!!

Do you sell your show orpingtons? And or do you know anybody on the east coast and sells show quality orpingtons? Have a few buff Orpington myself and really fell in love with the breed!! Thanks. Don't mean to get off topic here!

Last edited:
Cochins!!! Wonderful little birds with sweet, gentle dispositions and will hatch anything you put under them.
My Bantam Cochin rooster is also a complete gentleman, which is also great.

Attachments

• 20180514_201358.jpg
    20180514_201358.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 3
I think Dutch Bantams are great! :love They're tiny, beautiful, standard for poultry shows, and come in many color varieties!
DutchWingFlap2.jpg

DutchInTreeJPG.jpg

DUTCHhenPortrait_asJpg.jpg

Cochins are a wonderful breed as well. They're very pretty and friendly. They're probably a little better for a beginning breeder than the Dutch (because the Dutch are so hard to find and a little more flighty). :)

Last edited:
First I want to let you know I've yet to see a better screen name then Valhalla Acres!!!

Do you sell your show orpingtons? And or do you know anybody on the east coast and sells show quality orpingtons? Have a few buff Orpington myself and really fell in love with the breed!! Thanks. Don't mean to get off topic here!
There is a breeder in Pittsburg that a fellow BYC user told me about, his name is Dick Horstman

Back
Top Bottom