Lost my white peahen

Now is the time to worm. Mating season (egg laying) is hard on them and they need to be in the best health going into it.

When using the Safegaurd and the Valbazen, which would you use first and how long before waiting till use the other is recommend , right now my male bird is separated from the females but share a 2gal heated water bucket I could dose I was thinking but how much and for how long would you dose their water for. I had a friend give me his incubator to use but that just seems like to much work so I was also wondering if anyone had thoughts on letting nature just take its course and build nesting boxes in their pen in some fashion I'm also clueless on, this owning peacocks just happened when the male just showed up one day and moved in and made me his pet. He is kinda like a dog only a really bad dog that knows his name and likes to play tricks on me.

When is the best time to medicate for worms , now before mating season or wait till after eggs are layed and hatched

Lots of different views on that question, some people don't treat at all, mostly free range birds that are not subject to the pressures of penned birds. Some people deworm every other month. We test our pens periodically by fecal float exam and treat as needed.

I think the best answer for most people who have penned birds is no less than just before laying season and as you go into winter. The general consensus is that using Safeguard during laying season does not hurt egg production other than the day or two after catching the hen for oral dosing. They will settle back down after a couple of days and start laying again.

When using the Safegaurd and the Valbazen, which would you use first and how long before waiting till use the other is recommend , right now my male bird is separated from the females but share a 2gal heated water bucket I could dose I was thinking but how much and for how long would you dose their water for. I had a friend give me his incubator to use but that just seems like to much work so I was also wondering if anyone had thoughts on letting nature just take its course and build nesting boxes in their pen in some fashion I'm also clueless on, this owning peacocks just happened when the male just showed up one day and moved in and made me his pet. He is kinda like a dog only a really bad dog that knows his name and likes to play tricks on me.

We use Safeguard for oral dosing and Valbazen for diluting in water ten days later when the eggs hatch after the first dosing. Safeguard should not be diluted in water, ever. Oral Safeguard dosing for a mature hen is two ml or three for a mature cock. Valbazen is 1/2 ml either orally or in an amount of water they will drink in one day.

These are free range birds by summer and spend winters in my garage made pen with access outside when I open their door. Would you be able to recommend other products I could safely use to dose their water with instead of catching them and orally dosing

These are free range birds by summer and spend winters in my garage made pen with access outside when I open their door. Would you be able to recommend other products I could safely use to dose their water with instead of catching them and orally dosing

If you can figure out how much water they drink in a days time put 1/2 ml of Valbazen per bird in the water for five days and repeat in ten days for all types of worms, otherwise, a one-day treatment ten days apart will get roundworms and cecal worms.

Back
Top Bottom