loud boy???

natureday

Hatching
Sep 22, 2015
WA
Hi ya. I got 6 baby Cornish chicks. One chirps so loud all the time. Does that mean its going to be a boy? The other 5 are super sweet and my kids hold them. The loud one wont stop chirping even when its held with warm hands.
ty

I dont think thats a sign honestly. If his/her comb was redder then yes besides saddle feathers. But i have bery loud hens who when they were chicks they wouldnt shut up lol the same still applies they very talkative and they tell me when i walk out side that they are hungry lol.

With young chicks, piercing, loud peeping is usually a sign of distress. It's like a kid yelling for attention - "Hey, I'm cold! I'm hot! I'm hungry! I don't feel good!"

If it's not distressed peeping, loudness (in my experience) isn't a sign of gender. Many of my pullets were very, VERY loud as babies, while some of my cockerels were the quietest of the bunch.

If it's very loud, ear piercing peeps then the chick is distressed in some way - hungry, thirsty, cold, doesn't feel right. Otherwise it's just being talkative. We always seem to have one loudmouth in the bunch in every hatch. They do seem to calm down after 2 or 3 days.

Are these Cornish X (meat birds)?

If it's very loud, ear piercing peeps then the chick is distressed in some way - hungry, thirsty, cold, doesn't feel right. Otherwise it's just being talkative. We always seem to have one loudmouth in the bunch in every hatch. They do seem to calm down after 2 or 3 days.

x2

x3

Back
Top Bottom