"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Morning everyone! I will be on my way to Alexandria in a couple of hours to pick up my PEAS!!!!!!! Hooray! If she doesn't beat me to it, I will be posting pictures of my new babies this evening. Now...to pray they're a pair!
fl.gif

We went fishing yesterday at the mennonite ponds. We caught 17 catfish -- they cleaned up to make 15 filleted meals total for our family. I love a day of fishing. It doesn't get much better. Seeing my own kids and everyone else's reeling in those fighters, hollering, and flashing beaming smiles when they get it on the bank just makes me joyful. Priceless.

I have two younger birds -- 3 months or so that appear to have a vitamin deficiency. I know it isn't genetics as they are different breeds -- swedish flower and blue laced red wyandotte. Their toes are curling. I have added the save a chick electrolytes to the water, but do you think I should mix in another type of vitamin? I have never experienced this with our chickens so I'd appreciate the advice on this one.

Since it is too hot for me to ship birds anywhere and we have been so busy this summer that I haven't made any of the poultry swaps, I have lots of birds for sale. Please let me know if you are interested in anything and I will make a better deal for you being from this forum than I would normally sell and ship them for.

2 partridge cochin bantam cockerels - 6 months
1 pair of cuckoo olive egger bantams - the cockerel is lavender cuckoo, pullet is black cuckoo she lays a little sage colored egg
4-6 show quality RIR chicks
4 black wyandottes chicks carrying gold laced genes
1 gold laced orpington pullet
2 silkie/showgirl cockerels - the showgirl (RuePaul) cockerel is the man of our pen and the silkie cockerel is a confetti paint - white with black and buff paint
pair of mille fleur d'uccles - 2 months
gold neck d'uccles show lined - I can make a quad here or do one cockerel with up to 6 girls.
1 lavender orpington chick - 3 weeks and looks to be a cockerel
lemon cuckoo orpingtons - I have 5 birds total, so I could do all 5 (includes a trio that is 3 months and a pair that is 5 months) or a pair of the three month olds

I also have a male hedgehog and my husband's ball python for sale. The terrarium for the python is 4 ft x 16 in and is wood framed with 4 locks -- I assure you that boy isn't coming out of there on his own! I will be in Alexandria today if I need to deliver if you let me know in the next hour or so or can meet in Leesville anytime this week for anyone closer.

Good morning everybody in the chicken world. Does anyone have a automatic chicken door opener and if so how is it holding up. Been pretty busy building a new shop. Forgot to shut the door the other night . Bummer lost one of my australorps. Not to happy with myself right now. Let see if I can get some photo's on here,haha. :) Ok I give . How in the wide world of chickeness do you get a picture on here . Can anybody help . Have a good yardbird day

When you hit reply, there should be 3 lil boxes to add an attachment. (Bold/links/pictures. Click that and add your file.
There may be a number quantity of posts you make before pictures are enabled. I'm can't remember if its BYC or Fauna :/ doh. Sorry I'm learning here still myself. I love BYC lol
Good morning everybody in the chicken world. Does anyone have a automatic chicken door opener and if so how is it holding up. Been pretty busy building a new shop. Forgot to shut the door the other night . Bummer lost one of my australorps. Not to happy with myself right now. Let see if I can get some photo's on here,haha. :) Ok I give . How in the wide world of chickeness do you get a picture on here . Can anybody help . Have a good yardbird day

snake that got one of my young quail, if picture shows up

Nope, I can't download either. Used to be simple, but like everthing else, things have to get complicated...lol

Last edited:
Got our first egg here! Cracked it and it had a beautiful orange yolk. Camera can't capture it though.

We also got a little black chicken that just came by one day and didn't leave. Just flew over the fence. So we're clipping wings today.

C
Got our first egg here! Cracked it and it had a beautiful orange yolk. Camera can't capture it though.

We also got a little black chicken that just came by one day and didn't leave. Just flew over the fence. So we're clipping wings today.

Congratulations on your egg! Nice when chickens come to you instead of having to go out and get them. Lol. Must of heard you have a nice place for a chicken to put down roots. Lol

If you have an iPhone. When you want to post fotos, go first to the "reply" box that appears after the last post on the thread. Look right above on the left of where you are typing. There are 3 boxes that are gray colored. The first one is "B", then a paper lip looking thing and the 3rd box has a square within a square with a wierd symbol in it. Tap the 3rd box. Wait a second and tap "upload from my device." Then tap "choose existing." That will take you to your iPhone's "camera roll." Pick your foto and it will embed it in your post. It will embed looking like a bunch of random letters, but when you press "done" then "reply" it will appear as a foto for you and everyone else tp see. It is really easy once you do it one time. Lots easier from my iPhone than the old way from my computer. Good luck. Let's see those beautiful fotos. Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom