Lucia's intro & Bantams

luciaschickies

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2020
Hello! My name is Lucia, and I'm raising Silkie Bantams in the hopes to sell unique colors as pets~

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
-- I've had chickens for almost a year now, as a lot of my family shares the same flock; however I've only started focusing on raising them within the past two months, with the help of my more experienced uncle.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

-- Out of our medium flock of 21, I own five hens and a roo, along with 10 babies!

(3) What breeds do you have?

-- Out of my adult hens, I have an old Golden Sexlink named Emma, an Easter Egger dubbed Lucia, a buff Orpington named Nilla, and a buff Silkie Bantam called Chocobo! My roo is a black Silkie Bantam named Roobarb.
-- My babies are mostly Silkie Bantams! Seven of them are brightly colored silkies; I also have a blue Orpington, an Olive Egger, and a silver-laced Wyandotte.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

-- I adore raising my chickens with good temperment and adoring them as pets! Bonding with my birds is my favorite aspect of chicken keeping.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

-- Before birds, I've been writing urban fantasy for years, as well as focusing in character art. I'm passionate about fictional universes and stories, and it often bleeds into my chickens' names, ahaha! I also dabble in Pagan witchery, and natural magick is a big part of my animal keeping.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

- I live on a farm with most of my extended family, which isn't too much nowadays but it's a full house! Along with chickens we have ducks, goats, rabbits, emu, and we're hoping to raise ostrich as well!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

- I've known about it for a while as many members of my family post and inquire here, but I'm finally getting around to making my own account~

Best of wishes to you all, and may your Spring be fruitful 🐣

Back
Top Bottom