Lupus nephritis

@Wisher1000 thanks. :hugs Spoke with son this AM, and Jen is working her way out of her angst. She has been such a champion at dealing with this. This was the first time that she has openly faced/voiced her mortality. Too young to deal with that.

Are they still coming to visit you this weekend Sour?

Jen sounds like a strong girl. And although this has to be very difficult for everyone and not anything we'd ever want for our kids, I know she has strong grandparents :hugs

Not coming this weekend. DC area is to get hit with a snow storm. Not too bad up here, but it's better that they not come. Princess does not need an anxiety boost. Jen is a strong kid. When she had the flare up that initiated this thread we were there in her hospital room when she asked her father if they had expected her to die. He handled it like a champ with no sugar coating, and she dealt with it calmly.

Not coming this weekend. DC area is to get hit with a snow storm. Not too bad up here, but it's better that they not come. Princess does not need an anxiety boost. Jen is a strong kid. When she had the flare up that initiated this thread we were there in her hospital room when she asked her father if they had expected her to die. He handled it like a champ with no sugar coating, and she dealt with it calmly.

Good idea to delay until the weather clears up.

Wow, what a girl :)

We had our Christmas on Sunday. Jen is no longer at college. Failing grades led to her being asked to drop out at least for a bit. Basically her meds have given her 'chemo brain' which has impacted her cognitive abilities. Amazing what a difference reduced stress can do. She has gained weight, nervous tick is gone, and she is smiling. Hopefully she will go back to community college on a limited basis . She is already looking for a job.

We had our Christmas on Sunday. Jen is no longer at college. Failing grades led to her being asked to drop out at least for a bit. Basically her meds have given her 'chemo brain' which has impacted her cognitive abilities. Amazing what a difference reduced stress can do. She has gained weight, nervous tick is gone, and she is smiling. Hopefully she will go back to community college on a limited basis . She is already looking for a job.
I'm glad she decided to "drop back and punt": better to win by 2 points than to lose the whole game! I'm just proud of her very supportive family! :hugs

Jen took several courses over the summer at community college and aced them. She has been reinstated at college, and so far so good. She will be 21 in a couple of weeks :eek: how did that ever happen. She's having a slight Lupus flare up right now - pressure of exams and the desire to do well. On her own volition she has decided that if things crash health wise she will drop out of school, go back to work, and take a course or two at a time at community college. I think she is thinking a bit more clearly.

Back
Top Bottom