Songster
5 Years
Mar 16, 2018
Fernandina Beach FL
D8ECB307-B96E-4B38-B94F-A8B50BC4B4DC.jpeg
CF154DAC-D390-41B1-A6B5-12B54F13FCE5.jpeg
63B327A7-C2C5-4A3A-85CD-B4A8048538FA.jpeg
Finally made my girls a new feeder !!!

I like the feeder. Do your chickens seem to be getting it on the ground? If they do make sure they are eating it right away, if not, it might get moldy just sitting there and you dont want them to eat that.

We made one similar that we had inside our coop....used smaller pvc and had 6 tubes mounted on a board. It was nice but found that in humid weather the feed didn't want to flow well and would get hung up in the curve at the bottom. It was nice tho when we were gonna be out of town, we could fill it and the people watching our girls only had to refill waterers.

We have similar feeders that we had to quit using. I loved them! Fill and forget. Our first hens did great. When the younger flock moved into the big house, they immediately flung ALL of the feed onto the ground. I could fill it to the top and the next day it would be empty and they’re walking and pooping in their food. I wanted to kick their little nugget butts. Instead, I bought the hanging round feeders that makes it harder for them to do that. Your opening is a little different than mine so I’m hoping you will have better luck and maybe you’re not dealing with knothead teenager chickens.

Back
Top Bottom