pteroo

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2021
Hello, new hatcher here! I'm having trouble finding in-depth information on Magpie duck egg incubation anywhere online 😅 I currently have 2 eggs left (1 infertile) in my Brinsea mini II Eco incubator on around day 19/20. They've been developing nicely so far, lots of movement and veins. I'm not sure of their air cell though, which is looking a weird shape? Although I can't seem to find any solid info on their incubation period (everything is contradicting, I've read that they hatch quicker, 20 days, but others say they take just as long as other ducks 25-30 days), so I don't know if it's dipping and their due to internally pip soon? If anyone can shed some light on this and magpie duck incubation in general, I would be very grateful! 🙇🏻‍♀️ I've also added some pics/videos of them from last night.

Attachments

• Egg2AirCell-260421.jpg
    Egg2AirCell-260421.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 80
That's a saddle air cell. Were they shipped?
They should still take 28 days if your temperatures are right in your incubator.
These are standard size magpie ducks and not call ducks right?

That's a saddle air cell. Were they shipped?
They should still take 28 days if your temperatures are right in your incubator.
These are standard size magpie ducks and not call ducks right?
Yes, standard Magpies, I got them on Ebay, but they sat for a day after being delivered. What does a saddle air sac mean for them, is there anything I should be doing different now? This is my first time hatching! 😅

If they were mine I'd just do lockdown a day early. Not going over 50% humidity at first, but just stop turning on day 24 to give them time to get into position to hatch.
It's unclear right now whether you will need to assist, it probably will hatch on it's own but maybe a day early.

If they were mine I'd just do lockdown a day early. Not going over 50% humidity at first, but just stop turning on day 24 to give them time to get into position to hatch.
It's unclear right now whether you will need to assist, it probably will hatch on it's own but maybe a day early.
Thank you so much. Lockdown a day early, got it! Should i increase humidity still, on day 25/26?

Just to 60-65%. Each time one hatches it makes the humidity jump too.
Thanks so much for your advice, I've got 2 beautiful babies now, one hatched yesterday and the other this morning 🥰

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_110149.jpg
    IMG_20210506_110149.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Videoframe_20210507_130821_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Videoframe_20210507_130821_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
Hi! I was wondering if you could share the ebay listing you purchased from? I am trying to find magpie duck eggs for the spring time. It be nice to watch sellers and see when they post listings in a few months.

Back
Top Bottom