Magpie & Splash Call Ducks & Water Pan ?

Shayna

I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Midwest
Here are my adorable little call ducks. The one I was told is a brown splash, I'm not sure what that is but I love her!! The other 3 are magpies. They're super tiny compared to my other calls (as I suppose they should be) but they don't like ramps and their legs are only a few inches. Can anyone think of what I could buy that's maybe 36" or so across but shallower than 5"? I have a lot of dish pans but they aren't that big. Id love for them to be able to all paddle around but they can't get in a baby pool. Ideas?

There are some low rubber buckets at the feed store near me. Three gallon buckets, maybe 4 inches high.
I do have a lot of those... I was hoping for something larger in diameter, like 36"+. Those rubber feed bowls don't get really big around, and the largest ones they have are really deep.

Ideally I'd like to find something that's about the diameter of a small baby pool but extremely shallow, without having to go through the effort of cutting down a baby pool and making sure it has no sharp edges.

can they fly? my calls fly up into a 40GAL trough. After that the smaller livestock rubber pans, i have some plastic ones out right now... they are 3GAL 5" high, 15" top dia, they fit two of my calls. I just had those for the winter since i can keep them from freezing by dumping them nightly.

Magpies really, humm must be nice...
Oh you know it is
love.gif

can they fly? my calls fly up into a 40GAL trough. After that the smaller livestock rubber pans, i have some plastic ones out right now... they are 3GAL 5" high, 15" top dia, they fit two of my calls. I just had those for the winter since i can keep them from freezing by dumping them nightly.
Well, they can fly, but they don't. I've used those rubber pans all winter, hoping to find something larger around in diameter but no deeper. Thinking maybe something like a plastic grow tray for plants - a heavy duty kind that's made out of that similar black rubber. I think I'm going to check out some garden centers...

Back
Top Bottom