Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Glad to see he is safe and sound!
thumbsup.gif

I might have to, also. My incubator's getting a wee bit full... there's all kinds of chicken butts and faces plastered to the front window.
clap.gif
That's what we like to see!!!

My one pip is still only a pip. I'm trying not to be discouraged - usually the first one takes overnight for me. Hopefully I'll wake to a peeping, mournful little chick or a zipper.

I have a Basque with leg issues. I tucked him into a cup under the second EcoGlow for the night, and everyone seemed to appreciate the room to spread out. He's got a little seatbelt to keep him in. He was doing really well after a few hours in the cup this morning, but then he climbed out. (ETA: He is also wearing a hobble.) I put him in the incubator without it, and he went downhill despite his hourly vitamin water. So, he'll stay in the cup tomorrow. Under the EcoGlow, he can still be part of the action so he won't be so lonely. My Basque with curled toes is doing much better. Hopefully, after a few more days in her Keds, Sneakers will be able to have a productive life as a layer. Because she better be a girl.
fl.gif
No breeding for these two.

Last edited:
Goodness, I go out to do chores for an hour and I can hardly catch up.

I'm to the point now I'm scared to go to the bator to see "no progress" and no more pips....

but alas, I may as well go check them out...

I'll be back.

10 fuzzy-butts running around and 2 wet slimy ones that just hatched along with another one pipped
wee.gif

Congratulations to all with chicks and pips!!

Eleven chicks hatched today (all my eggs!) Got 6 in the brooder and 5 drying in the styrobator. Sadly none of my shipped ameraucanas from Paradise Found hatched (they were due on Wednesday.) Two pipped, one zipped but died in the shell. Last week only 2 of Peachick's ameraucanas and all but 1 was in my new Brinsea. Some of those were broken in route though, so I'm lucky for the 2. The healthier one was hatched by my broody.

Third chick is out. I have a bunch of pips that are just waiting. The Brinsea is looking good percentage wise if all the pips hatch. Third chick out was a black AM.

I've had 29 hatch so far today. No idea which one was first. I was busy putting cold weather plants into the garden and starting the seeds in the greenhouse for my mid-May frost free plantings.Just checked the incubator about 8:45 PM. Moved them to two toats in the kitchen. More later I hope.

Back
Top Bottom