Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Would ya look at those feet... can't decide what color they want to be! Orange? Yellow? Green? Grey? LOL!!!!

This one happens to be the DD newest favorite. SuperFuzz...

love.gif
It reminds me of my game roo. He has yellow legs, pearl feet, and blue and green scales on the front of his legs.

Question, I made hatching baskets and seperated the eggs at lock down but i'm convinced one chick climbed over... Do Ameraucana chicks ever hatch out chipmunk? I'm convinced an Icelandic scaled the fence and went to play with the neighbors.

I'd think so? I'm no expert but on my first hatch every last chick was either full or half ameraucana. Our guess is only one was full, and she was a little chipmunk chick.

I used the baskets this time too. I ended up taking the tops off because I needed to see into them. I watched an Ameraucana chick climb on an unhatched egg and hop on out to visit with others. The sides were almost up to the top of the bator. They are crafty right out of the shell. :D

Silvers and EEs do
Question, I made hatching baskets and seperated the eggs at lock down but i'm convinced one chick climbed over... Do Ameraucana chicks ever hatch out chipmunk? I'm convinced an Icelandic scaled the fence and went to play with the neighbors.

OK a pic of my strongest 6 who made it through this horrible hatch.

I did more blackberry picking today and that's what my dad has planned for the rest of the week. I guess the upside is I lost 2 pounds that I get to gain back in sweets.
lol.png
My mom is going to make jelly tomorrow after we get back from the feed store. I hope they finally have guinea keets. Of course, it'd be nice if they had some silkies, but there's no way I can talk my dad into getting them. I'll trade someone some fresh blackberry jelly for a couple of silkie chicks?
lol.png

So yesterday 2 of my broody hens left the nest boxes with their collecting of 11 chicks, but they left 1 egg behind that was pipped, but hadn't hatched yet. I had already cleaned out the incubator (but not unplugged the top half) so I decided to put it on a wet wash cloth in the bator. This morning I woke up to an almost dry game chick. She will be going under one of the broodies tonight and I'll have a whole dozen chicks.
Oh man, I used to pick Blackberries back in my younger days, when we lived in VA. I remember how huge they were, and how they just grew wild! My grandmother would make pies and jellies. yummmm!

Uh oh, does it have puffy cheeks? I have my Iowacanas mixed with my icelandics and right now that's the only way I can tell which are which.

Back
Top Bottom