Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Pics
I have something similar for weighing my adult birds. Unfortunately, its not very good below 1# in weight. Its the small scale's battery that's causing issues.

TY for thinking of me though

Maybe you can weigh something that's over one pound, and then add the chick you want to weigh. That can work if the scale is accurate once you get it over a certain weight, which is true for some scales I've tried, but of course I don't know for sure about your scale.

The anticipated four hatched overnight, external pips on a few other shells. The beauty of hatching mutts is you never know what you are going to get. All of these appeared to come from egg shells the same size and color...

1626952863235.png

1626952900129.png

1626952954062.png

and someone needing a little more dry time in the salon...
1626953017905.png

7 eggs left in the incubator, one is making great progress as I type this, anther has clearly pipped, but taking a break. One of the darker brown (likely Comet mama) looks like its pipped, but could be a piece of stuck shell from another hatching. Will update thru the day.

a fifth has now hatched, and quickly, must have had his/her morning coffee. Going to let it get in its dry time before I move it to the brooder with the others. Looks like a cinnamon version of four, above. Suspect it will look more like two, when dry. Picture when I get back from the feed store. Two hours.

Back
Top Bottom