Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

Really expected more weight from that bird. 4#?
He's almost 7lbs at 4 months.
20221025_114434.jpg

Glasses. and Coffee. but mostly glasses. It was a long late night last evening.
I'm tired too. Got waken up early this morning by loud turkey clucking outside my window. Our Bourbon Red Jake flew the coop, I had to go out there, & put him back.

Here's another vote or good word for bielefelders. Butchered my bielefelder mixes Saturday at not quite 17 weeks. Not competing with Big Fatty though.
Live weights: 5.2, 5.2, 5.4, 5.4, 5.6.
Processed weights: 3.3, 3.6, 3.8, 3.8, 4. Plus 1 lb of giblets and 1lb of chicken feet.

Surprisingly/happily my Barred rock/Bielefelder mixes caught up with the Rhode island/Bielefelder mixes I had high hopes for a month ago. Wish I had done weekly weights, but I always would like more data!

Pictured: They spent the night in the garage to clear them out.

Attachments

• IMG_20221021_184551435~2.jpg
    IMG_20221021_184551435~2.jpg
    827.3 KB · Views: 6
Here's another vote or good word for bielefelders. Butchered my bielefelder mixes Saturday at not quite 17 weeks. Not competing with Big Fatty though.
Live weights: 5.2, 5.2, 5.4, 5.4, 5.6.
Processed weights: 3.3, 3.6, 3.8, 3.8, 4. Plus 1 lb of giblets and 1lb of chicken feet.

Surprisingly/happily my Barred rock/Bielefelder mixes caught up with the Rhode island/Bielefelder mixes I had high hopes for a month ago. Wish I had done weekly weights, but I always would like more data!

Pictured: They spent the night in the garage to clear them out.
Big Fatty is a Bantam/Dwarf anyways, born from standard sized parents. Her brother is the big one.

Back
Top Bottom