Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

I've glanced at Bielefs, but all the pics I see online from the hatcheries show them with a LOT of black in them, males particuarly - which gives me pause. Rate of lay would be in an acceptable range, at least. I'll give it more thought.
Genetically, I think they are the Black Breasted Red pattern (maybe with gold instead of an actual red shade), overlaid with white barring.

For the males, that black should be mostly in the tail and breast, with a lot of the upper parts of the chicken being red or gold.

Genetically, I think they are the Black Breasted Red pattern (maybe with gold instead of an actual red shade), overlaid with white barring.

For the males, that black should be mostly in the tail and breast, with a lot of the upper parts of the chicken being red or gold.
Says a bit more about the hatchery than the breed, then?
1666737258034.png

1666737292277.png

etc...

Says a bit more about the hatchery than the breed, then?
Your previous post commented on the males, but now you're showing pictures of females?

I agree, those females have quite a bit of black on their backs.

But adding the Columbian gene (probably already in your stock, tracing back to the red sexlinks) would clear out a bunch of the black on their backs.

Back
Top Bottom