Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

No pictures today, but a couple critters are chilling out on the way to freezer camp.

One rooster (mostly black) 6.3#
One hen (entirely black) 3.7#
One hen (entirely black) 5.2#

One Goat (father of most of the current goats) 94#

Also set a bunch of 4x4x16s, did the grocery shopping, a few other odds and ends. I'm exhausted.

and if I can find the energy, I need to take two more roos this week, maybe 3, and two more black hens. oh, and check the calendar, the last batch of bunnies should be hopping to camp soon.

OK, one picture. Need to take a few ducks, too.

1684712034426.png

Too long. and I do it alone. Like most stuff on the hobby farm outside. I do have a pully set up and a spreader bar, which helps. and now that I've run water and power to the barn, I could chill things down quickly, keep things clean, and use the angle grinder with a spider blade to take the ribs off.

Back to your question, though. There's a pair of guys on you tube can process a goat in under 20 minutes. Took me more than two hours.

My first goat took almost 5 hours - but it was so close to freezing outside, I was haveing a hard time holding the knife.

Have you used the Kebonnix before? Wondering how you like it?
I ran mine non stop the first year, pausing only to clean it and set the next dozen. It has its quirks, particularly re: humidity, but for the price??? I don't think it can be beat. (I bought mine under $80)

The whie plastic "gear/center water pool cover" is a bit flimsy, but its an $8 or $10 replacement. As annual maintenance costs go, I can budget $4-5/yr

I ran mine non stop the first year, pausing only to clean it and set the next dozen. It has its quirks, particularly re: humidity, but for the price??? I don't think it can be beat. (I bought mine under $80)

The whie plastic "gear/center water pool cover" is a bit flimsy, but its an $8 or $10 replacement. As annual maintenance costs go, I can budget $4-5/yr
I bought one a few months ago, and am super happy with how hands-off it is! Glad to hear it can take a beating as far as usage! 😊

Back
Top Bottom