Making Lemonade [Selective Culling Project - very long term]

I don't actually have a preference. Green was simply a surprise.
Genetically, green is yellow (recessive to white) and dark (sex-linked, recessive to light.)

The possible pairings of the two genes are:
white/light (=white)
white/dark (=slate/blue)
yellow/light (=yellow)
yellow/dark (=willow/green)

If you don't actually care about leg color, then of course you won't care about the genetics involved. If you do want to breed for a consistent leg color, that could take some doing, since it looks like you probably have all possible leg color genes.

Genetically, green is yellow (recessive to white) and dark (sex-linked, recessive to light.)

The possible pairings of the two genes are:
white/light (=white)
white/dark (=slate/blue)
yellow/light (=yellow)
yellow/dark (=willow/green)

If you don't actually care about leg color, then of course you won't care about the genetics involved. If you do want to breed for a consistent leg color, that could take some doing, since it looks like you probably have all possible leg color genes.
I definitely have all the leg color genes. and the green legs tend to pop up most frequently with the grey fluff. Not every grey fluffer has green legs, but I think every green legger has grey fluff. Admittedly, small sample size and my memory is imperfect.

Very few eggs this past week. Today, new nest, six eggs already. and the fake egg is gone - thinking something swallowed it, and is no longer so hungry... I hope it chokes and dies on it - as long as it doesn't happen under my shed.
Snakes do that a lot. Some are able to regurgitate it quick enough, others can't. Part of why I stopped using fakes in places that they can get to easily

How long does it take to adapt I wonder, because by the end of a N Illinois summer I am ready for winter and have not adapted :tongue
When I moved from Arizona to Texas, it took me a few years to get used to the humidity. All the folks I met said," don't worry, you'll grow your gills eventually".

Very few eggs this past week. Today, new nest, six eggs already. and the fake egg is gone - thinking something swallowed it, and is no longer so hungry... I hope it chokes and dies on it - as long as it doesn't happen under my shed.
I have found fake wooden eggs hundreds of ft away , going towards the creek . With teeth marks so I think raccoon

Back
Top Bottom